Mother Knows Best

Everly enjoyed dinner with the Beta's family. It was certainly enlightening and a joy to celebrate her sweet niece's 18th birthday. Although if Everly was right, which when it came to reading her son she always was, Everly would soon be teaching JoLynn how to replace her as Luna. The look between Grayson and JoLynn during dinner got her wondering if it could be true; if the Goddess mated them together. Dessert just confirmed everything for Everly when she caught the look of love on Grayson's face, right as Jojo was blowing out her 18 candles. It was the same look she got from her mate everyday, even after 21 years together.

Everly made her way to her son's room, knocking lightly, waiting for a response. "Come in."

Grayson was sitting on his couch reading what appeared to be schedules and training guides. "Hello my baby boy, I was hoping we could talk." Grayson looked up at his mom with a smile, almost like he was expecting it to be her at the door.

"Hi mom, I had a feeling it was you. What can I do for you?" Gray set his papers aside and walked over to give her a hug before returning to the couch.

She took a seat in the chair across from him, ready to confirm what she already knew. "First my baby, I will warn you, I am not leaving until you tell me the truth and we come up with a plan."

Gray gulped, "um, ok mom...not sure what you need to plan, but let's talk."

"Grayson Lee Rainwater, I know you found your mate and I know who she is, so would you rather admit it to me or keep up the act?" Everly had a smirk on her face that basically said, go ahead and challenge me kid. Grayson looked at his mother, debating with himself if he should try, but he gave in.

"Mom, I will tell you, but you have to swear to me it remains between us until we tell you otherwise. We have wanted it to remain a secret for a bit, so no one knows, not even my Beta or her family." Everly nodded that she understood before Grayson continued with what he was saying. "Yes, I have found my mate and yes, my mate is JoLynn."

"Oh Gray, I am so happy you have no idea. You have truly been blessed by the Moon Goddess with an amazing mate, and she will make the most amazing Luna for our pack." Everly gave her baby boy a big hug, the best she could, since he was almost a foot taller than her. "Now, I want you to know that if you hurt my sweet Jojo or decide to reject her for whatever reason, I will make your father take back his Alpha title and I will throw you in the dungeons myself!"

"Nice mom, choose my mate over your only son, but don't worry, I would never hurt Jojo or reject her. I would have already mated and marked her that first night if she was ok with it. I love her mom and I intend to worship her for the rest of my days."

Everly got up to walk out of the room while she mind-linked Aspen and then Jojo. This mother intended to make sure her son didn't screw this up. "JoLynn will be here in a few minutes to spend some time together. Her parents think she is just hanging out watching movies with me." She winked at her son as she left.

"Thanks mom, I love you."

******************************

Grayson was anxiously awaiting his mate and their time alone. This may work to their advantage having his mom in the know; they could spend time together easily and have her cover for them. His wolf Max, was jumping around like crazy with excitement in his head. The door opened and JoLynn scurried inside before quietly closing and locking the door.

"Hello Alpha, your mother told me you needed to speak with me immediately," Jo smirked at him. "What can I help you with sir?"

"I kind of like you calling me sir, but I would never expect you to treat me as if we weren't equals my love." Gray pulled her into his arms and looked deep into her eyes, "You are so beautiful my Luna. I have no clue how I got so lucky to have you, but I will love and worship you until my last breath." Grayson kissed her hard and passionately, holding her tightly in his arms, with the scent of her arousal filling the room. Sliding his hands down her back, he cupped her voluminous ass with his hands and pulled her flush against his erection. JoLynn's arousal made Gray hornier by the second, he didn't know how he was going to keep from taking all of her. The smell was sweet but had a tangy kick to it, and it was driving him insane.