My Little White Wolf

Grayson had been on his forth cup of coffee of the day, doing his best to concentrate on the task at hand. He had checked in with about a dozen of the closest packs to Gray Mountain, no one had any mysterious bodies found.  None of the packs had any mutilated animals either, at least not ones that weren't the result of wolves huntingm The only issues any had with rogues were them getting a little too close to pack borders, but no attacks. Gray was glad his fellow Alphas were not have the same issues, but even more pissed off as it was obvious this was only because of his mate.

A knock at the door interrupted his train of thought, "Enter."

Cole entered the office with a tense look on this face, "Alpha, I may have found something at our neighboring pack Lake Valley."  He walked over to the desk and gave Gray the small notebook he always had on him to take notes.  "It could just be a coincidence or it could be related."

Grayson read through the notes, "so they have found some blood trails that are unexplained and strong scents from rogues on their southern border.  Do you think the rogues are dumb enough to attack through the northern border?  No one tries to attack us from the moutains."

"Personally I wouldn't do it, but if the rogues have enough reason to attack they will from whichever direction will work.  I think it is time for us to include Lane, maybe send him to Lake Valley to see if there is anything they may have missed."

As much as Gray hated to admit it, Cole did have a point about including Lane.  They would have to find a way to include Lane without exposing his relationship with JoLynn.  "You are right, let's include Lane but limit his information some.  Tell him about the mutilated goat and rogue body but nothing of the notes yet.  No connections to JoLynn at all until I ask her if she is ready for him to know."

"Ok, I will withhold the threats from the official reports.  Do you want me to continue guarding the Luna from a distance or closer now?"

"She doesn't know about the threats yet, so if you think you can protect her properly from a distance let's keep it that way."

"Understood Alpha."

Max started to jump around inside Grayson's head and her scent hit his nostrils right as the knocking started at his office door.  His mate came to visit and it was time to have some fun with her. "Come in my love!"

JoLynn opened the door smiling which quickly faded when she made eye contact with Cole. Gray could see the panic enter his mates beautiful blue eyes, he was waiting for her to run from his office but she shifted gears into her sassy self as always. 

"Ha! My love, funny Grayson...Oops, I mean Alpha."  JoLynn added an extra sarcastic tone to her voice while saying Alpha.  He could see she was still flustered, trying to cover it the best she could so Cole didn't figure anything out.  She was trying to hide the fact she was fiddling with the hem of her shirt from Grayson and Cole.  If it was anyone else besides them and her family, they would have no clue how anxious she was right then, but they both saw it.

"Come here Jojo," Grayson motioned for her to stand next to him, "I have something to tell you."  Gray kissed her light and lovingly on her lips before slipping his arm around her waist and whispering in her ear, "Cole knows my love." He leaned his head down making contact with her lips, while sliding his hand behind her neck to deepen this kiss.  Cole cleared his throat after a moment to remind Gray he was still in the room, ending their kiss.

"I am excited to serve as your protection Luna," Cole bowed his head to show respect.  "On a more personal note, I am very happy for the two of you.  You deserved a mate who will love you with every fiber of their being, Jojo.  Gray is a very lucky man, who Lane and I will torture and kill if he hurts you."