Chapter 2

I cover my mouth with my hand as I yawn, "Take a nap, I'll wake you up." Billie whispers into my ear and I nod before closing my eyes. "Thank you baby." I mumble before pressing a soft kiss onto her neck and not long after, sleep takes over me.

I stir awake and yawn again while my eyes are still closed. I try sitting up but a weight on my lap keeps me down. I open my eyes and look down to see my baby sleeping peacefully on my lap. Her head is pressed against my abdomen, her arms wrapped around my lower back and the little snores coming from her mouth letting me know she has a good sleep. I slowly take my phone out my pocket, trying my best not to wake her up, I check the time and we still have about an hour flight time.

I brush my fingers through her hair as I observe her beauty, how am I so lucky? I massage her scalp, occasionally brushing through her strands. I reach my hand up to her ear and slowly pull the AirPod out. I successfully take it out without waking her up and put it in my ear, blasting music without waking her up.

After a while I have to wake Billie up because we're about to land. I softly brush my thumb over her defined cheekbone and lean down to press a soft kiss onto her cheek. "Wake up baby." I whisper softly into her ear and she stirs up but doesn't open her eyes, instead she presses her face into my stomach, attempting to hide. "We're about to land baby, you gotta get up." I continue while tracing shapes over her shoulder. "I don't want to." She whines while snuggling her head closer to me.

"But you have to." I argue slightly, "please?" I ask and she sighs while sitting up. "You're lucky that I love you." Billie states while rubbing the sleep out her eyes as I smile proudly at her, yup she fucking loves meeee. I know after all this time her words shouldn't affect me but they still do, I can't help but feel all warm and bubbly from the inside when she compliments me or tells me she loves me. I love her so much, this girl right here has my entire heart.

-

"Nooo, I don't want toooo." I whine as Billie tries getting me out of the hotel room. "Why?" She asks frustrated. "Jetlack" I mumble while hiding my face in the pillow. We've been in the UK since last night and it's already 5pm but to my defense I'm so fucking tired. I didn't get any sleep last night because I was crying in the bathroom and I know I should talk about it with Billie but I have to get through this on my own, it's my problem and not hers.

"Come on, please?" She asks and I sigh while nodding, "But I gotta take a shower first, I stink." I state and she nods and I gasp offended. "So you think I smell bad?" I ask while pouting and she giggles. "Get your ass in the shower before I drag you in there!" She warns and I let a smirk crawl onto my face. "Maybe I want you to." I tease and she laughs at me before flipping me off.

I make my way into the bathroom and close the door behind me before brushing my teeth and undressing myself. The second I'm naked, I step in the huge shower and let the water run. I hold my hand into the water stream until the water reaches a good temperature. I step under the stream and let the water drip down my body as I close my eyes.

Even after all these years I can't get them out my head, I tried everything and now that I made this huge step in my life, I miss them even more and I didn't even know that would be possible. Should I give them a call? Did they hear about my engagement? Do they even care? Did Lis talk to them? I'll never forget the look in my m- my thoughts get cut off as I hear the shower door opening and shutting again. I open my eyes and they immediately lock with those ocean eyes.

She flashes me a small smile that I return but my stomach twists with nerves the second she steps closer and not the good kind of nerves. I know this has nothing to do with Billie, she's perfect but I cannot get myself to relax at the moment and I really do not want to talk to her about it.