Chapter 7

We walk through some hallways until we reach the stage. Billie gets ready as I greet Jessie and her crew. We chat for a while until Billie starts her rehearsal.

-

Everyone's cheering around us, as Billie finishes singing her song 'your power'. She smiles softly at the crowd as Finneas starts playing an unfamiliar melody. Billie starts playing with the hem of her shirt, before she holds the microphone to her lips. "I don't wanna talk right now..." she starts singing in a soft tone, "I just want to watch tv..." she sings and some people cheer her on. "I'll stay in the pool and drown...so I don't have to watch you leave..." she continues singing softly in her angelic voice as my heart aches...

"I put on survivor just to watch somebody suffer, maybe I should get some sleep... sinking in the sofa while we all betray each other, what's the point of anything?" She sings softly as Finneas continues playing the guitar. The whole crowd is silent, letting the words sink in. "All of my friends are missing again...that's what happens when you fall in love." Billie sings as Finneas joins her for the last part.

"You don't have the time, you leave them all behind...you tell yourself it's fine, you're just in love." They both sing and all the fans cheer them on. Billie smiles softly before taking a deep breath and continuing to sing. "I don't know where you are right now, did you see me on tv? I'll try not to starve myself, just because you're mad at me..." she sings as my eyes start tearing up... I feel so bad, how could I make her feel that way... she deserves better.

"And I'll be in denial for at least a little while, what about the plans we made?" She continues singing her heart out as I look around, everyone has sad looks on their faces or is crying... "The internet gone wild watching movie stars on trial while they are overturning roe v wade... All of my friends are missing again 'cause that's what happens when you fall in love...you don't have the time, you leave them all behind. You tell yourself it's fine, you're just in love..." she sings as everyone listens closely.

"And I don't get along with anyone, maybe I'm the problem, maybe I'm the problem...maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem...maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem. Maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem." She sings, "Join me!" She requests before continuing to singe. "Maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem." We all sing together, "C'mon." She encourages. "Maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem." We continue singing together.

"Sing!" She promotes, "Maybe I, maybe I, maybe I have problems." We sing as she holds the microphone towards us. "Again." She requests, "Maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem." We sing all together, "Your turn." She orders and hold the microphone back towards us. "Maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem." We sing as she holds the microphone back to her lips and joins us, "Maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem...maybe I, maybe I, maybe I'm the problem." She sings softly and everyone starts clapping and shouting.

"Are you okay dear?" Maggie asks while leaning closer and I nod while wiping my eyes. "Come here." She promotes while pulling me into a hug that I gladly return. "It's a tough one huh?" She asks and i nod while hugging her back as she pats my back in a comforting motion. I close my eyes as I see fans holding their phone into our direction, recording the interaction. After a few seconds we pull apart, "Thank you Maggie, I really needed this hug." I explain and she smiles softly at me while nodding, "Anytime dear." She replies and we turn back around as 'not my responsibility' starts playing and Billie disappears.

I smile as I see her on her roller, racing to the back of the standing area. She gets off and her hot bodyguard helps her onto the elevator thing. The lights turn red as it starts lifting up and the intro of 'overheated' starts playing. She leans against the railing as everyone starts shouting and Maggie start recording. Suddenly she catches my eyes and we exchange a small smile before she smiles at some fans.