20|THE KISS THAT CLICKED

Thirty minutes later

The convention venue was decorated in full grandeur with white and red ribbons, hanging down the ceiling. 

Ever since the announcement at the office, I wasn't able to tell him properly. He had turned distant for a few days, and the other week when we met, he was cordial, and yet it felt as if he was holding back so much.I had got a bouquet of roses with me for Josh. I had made up my mind to tell him all that I wanted to.

"Hi there, Mellon!" A round man with bald hair waved toward me. If it weren't for my least despised boomer! I walked toward him, shooting a smile.

"Good evening there, Mr. Faux! What a pleasure to see you!" He had got himself a glass of white wine. Dressed in a raven black three-piece suit,he seemed to be waiting for someone.

"You look so beautiful, Eva! Congratulations on the things you have done with your team. Appreciate the creativity. 

Man, Turner has an eye for great things!" He said with a grin.

"Thanks, Mr. Faux." I said politely, feeling praised.

"Thank Tuner, girl! He was sure the Harris guy would ruin it for all of us. Glad you got our back."He said.

"If I am not being nosy, may I know who gets these roses tonight?" He added with his black eyes full of mischief.

"Just a friend, I know!" I lied.

Benny reminded me of Uncle Brian. I should stop by his cafe more often, but right now, I had to spot Josh and give it to him before more questions popped out.

We turned to find ourselves facing a six feet specimen of Greek art!

"Fancy seeing you, Turner!" Benny remarked.

Donned in a white three-piece suit with a neatly knotted black tie, he had cut his hair short. His muzzle was all clean shaved, and his golden locks gelled back to look perfect. His perfume filled the air as he walked forward. His lips tightened into a thin line as his sight shifted from the crowd to me. Then for a short moment, I saw them part, and a whisper escaped. 

"Holy shit."

"Excuse me?" I muttered.

"Looking smart, Will!" Benny turned to Will, who was still busy staring at me.

I couldn't figure out whether it was adoration or an invitation for another set of trouble, so I tried to smile back with a flamethrower enigma.Will's grey eyes shined brighter with each stance he walked forward. I felt a wave of warmth course through me as he came closer. Was he always this hot? Certainly, yes.

"As always, Mr. Faux."

Will extended his palm to shake hands with him. After exchanging a few words of merit with Will, Mr. Faux left both of us standing in utter awkwardness.

I shot him a glance and found him still staring at me.

"You look great, Mr. Turner."

I put it in shortly. The air between us breathed tension, and in an attempt to loosen it up, I realized I had only fueled it up. Will's eyes went wide, and then his lips broke into a smile that met his eyes. It was the most charming smile I could ever expect from a man who made employees overwork on weekends.

Crazy, hot men are full of surprises, I recalled from a magazine.

"You don't look half bad yourself, Eva!" He chuckled.

"You could at least say put that in a better way. Especially on a day like this!"

I rolled my eyes at him. We were cool since our last venture at Wiley's, but nothing remarkable happened. We met quite often, but only for work reasons, and after I nearly kissed him that night, I avoided any close interactions. Surprisingly, he inched closer and stopped three inches away from me. My rose bouquet was crushing with our proximity. His eyes met mine, and I felt a rush of blood through all of me. Not a great time to be horny, Eva. I made myself a mental note.