58| CATCHING

"Eva, don't make a hurried decision!" Rachel said, as I stood with all the paperwork.

I had decided I wasn't going to work in the same office as Josh, or Will. I despised them equally, one manipulated me, the other staged the manipulation to his benefit. Why can't all of the male species handle their own shit properly so they don't have to hide behind petty lies!

"I am not making a hurried decision." I mumbled as I walked into Will Turner's office.

"Eva," Will said, as I entered his office without knocking.

Oops, I forgot my manners, and the way it felt to be sane. All blames on Will Turner. Fall for the wrong person, and then all that's left was pain and regret.

"I am here to submit my transfer papers, sir." I said emotionless. Since when did I become so heartless?

"How are you? Did you take your meds? Do you feel okay?" He inquired when his eyes fell on me. I was not there to small talk with him. Just who does he think he is? He lied to me and had the guts to pretend like he cared.

"The papers." I slipped the words, dumping them on the table, ignoring his questions.

"Eva, please, we can talk." He said, and I felt my chest hurting.

"I am trying to get over with this professionally. I seek the same etiquette from you." I said, staring at the ceiling. I bite my lip, trying not to cry but the tears betrayed me.

"Eva!" Will said, standing from his chair as he walked towards me and I placed my hand between us.

"I'd rather have you maintain your distance. Let me know if I have to fill something else." I said, turning around as I reached for the door knob.

"I am sorry. Please don't go. You don't have to leave because of me!" Will said, and for the first time in my entire life, I glared at Will Turner.

"You signed these!" Will said, reaching for a bunch of papers, and I knew what it was.

"You are going to bring up the NDA, now?" I should have known.

"Do these mean nothing to you?" He asked with eyes full of tears. I reached for the papers.

I folded them and then rip...teared them down. The ended up in asymmetrical parts. I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. I put them together and tore them into bits till nothing on it could be deciphered. I don't care about the damned Bucketlist!

"These don't mean a damn thing to me." I said, struggling to keep a straight face.

"You really want to hurt me that bad?" Will asked and his jaw clenched. Yes. I wanted to spit the word on his face, but I don't.

"This isn't about you anymore. Get that damn thing straight into your head!" I said, and stormed out of his cabin.

I walked to my desk. I had to take all my things, and move out and I was willing to do that as soon as I could. I heard faint footsteps. I half expected it to be Will. Instead Josh stood on the door.

"What do you want now? More lies?" I asked, and he let out a chuckle.

"I guess he finally told you." He said, the half ass smirk marked his lips.

"Go on, rub it in my face. You're here for making fun of me, do that. At least one of us can be happy that way!" I said, looking him in the eye.

"Take it slow. Namesake or not, you are my ex-" I flinched at the mention of his name. Why the hell was he doing this?

"Josh, I know your sole source of joy is to inflict pain upon me, but I am trying very hard to walk out of your life without kicking you in the balls. Couldn't you take a hint?" I said, seething at him.

"Since you are already doing me a favor, I will do you one!" Josh said.

"Whatever." I said.

"My offer stays, Eva. We both have one common foe, Will Turner." He said and I gulped the lump in my throat.

"He is not my foe!" I yelled. He was my husband. He was supposed to be my husband! My heart ached for him, but I could never forgive him for what he did to me.

"Saying it aloud isn't going to change the truth. You hate him, Eva!" Josh said, and I was afraid he was right. 

"Give me a call when you need me, darling." He said, walking out.

I hate Will Turner. Every lie he had told me, hurt. I should have known there wasn't a forever to our story. Because all of it is a lie. All of Will Turner, is a lie. And now, I was homeless.

 And now, I was homeless