14| SAUNA

A few hours later

When my eyes opened, I realized I wasn't in my bedroom. Strange enough, I was dreaming about Bexley's. Why was I dreaming about Bexley's? It wasn't the most fun place to be. Rubbing my eyes, I lifted my head, and it almost felt like I got hit by a truck in the back.

Hell no! I had spent the night on my desk. When I lifted my arm, I couldn't feel it. Okay, so my arm was still sleeping. Why did I have to get up when my whole body had gone numb! Stupid, stupid arm. That is what happens when you don't mind your own business. I might have passed out reading that diary. I reached out for the leather binder, but it wasn't on my desk. 

What the fuck! Did I dream about it too?

I need to feel alive before I figure out what the hell happened.I walked straight for the elevator.

The metal vessel shot up to the 120th Floor. That's where the sauna is. When I said working at Bexley's was every editor's dream, I was talking about these little privileges that amount to nothing compared to the monstrous work that we were to do! But everyone can use a sauna now and then. Especially, after a shitty all-nighter. As I walked, I realized my legs were Jell-O, and I had to give myself a caffeine high soon or I might go bonkers. 

The sauna was accessible to every Bexley employee, and because it was a freaking six in the morning, there wasn't a single soul in the sauna, or so I thought.

I stripped, butt naked, too happy to let go of the hideous pencil skirt. I looked like a Monster High chic and couldn't decide if this was the scariest I could look with a low bun. So I let go of the bobby pin, and disastrous curls landed on my shoulders. Note to self: Get a hair spa treatment. I sighed and thought of all the times I had denied going to the spa to save money for another set of paperbacks. It was a close call, but now that I saw the aftermath, I could only blame myself.

I wrapped myself in one of the towel from the arrays. I think they went overboard with towels. Why would they need gazillion towels for a sum of hundred people who rarely showed up at the sauna! The only time I came  here was when I felt all the life getting sucked out of me. In the past few days, that feeling came more often than not.

I turned the glass door open, and no sooner than I went on to sit on the lower bench than I realized I was not alone.

"Eek!" I screamed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, my eyes covered with my palms.

Does he not have shame to flash a young lady like myself with his manly charms? God, should I take a peek. Only once? He didn't seem that bad.

"Well, I am enjoying the sauna!" his tone was playful, and I couldn't help but keep peeking from the edge of my palm.

"Would you mind getting a towel then?" I said irritably.

With due honesty, I didn't mind the scene, but to save myself from being called a pervert, I should act like I am bothered. Shouldn't I?

"It's nothing you haven't seen before, Mellon!" he chuckled, and his voice felt close.

"What the fuck are you doing? Get the hell out."

That wasn't sexy or hot anymore. I was panting in the steam, pretending my eyes were closed and teased by the most vicious man on the planet!

Screw me, Lord! But not with him! I mumbled a silent prayer.

Silence falls in, and by the time my eyes were open again, he was standing way too close, with a towel around his waist. As the rumor goes, every female employee had thought of him as a hot bastard. Well, the news-it's all true. Bad news- I was staring at his ripped body.