64 | TWO MORE SHOTS

"Why am I forced into having a drink with your boyfriend?" Will whined when Amanda led him down to her table.

Her shimmery red dress made her stand out like a hot jalapeno, while Will dressed in his usual, all-black, but not a crow attire. She dragged him by the arm while he cursed.

"Because I helped you sort things with your wife, idiot." She seethed at him, nudging him in the elbow.

"You did nothing! Does it look like things are okay?" Will said as he shook his head, and Amanda glared at him.

"Shut up, and behave." She mouthed at Will before her eyes stuck on 'her' man.

"I swear if our moms weren't best friends, I would have never-" Will stopped between the sentence as his eyes followed me, and I found him looking at me with surprise. My jaw dropped to the floor.

"Sorry for making you wait, honey," Amanda said as Kris rose from his seat to give her a long hug, and my eyes popped out when they gave each other a peck.

I can't believe it. Amanda and Kris. Kris and Amanda. God, what was happening? Don't tell me that these two are dating. I yelled on the inside, but on the outside, I pretended to smile and shake the feeling. I found myself trying to steal glances at Will in the middle of awkward conversations of 'Nice to meet you...

On a scale of one to ten, how clueless was Kris? Something close to a hundred, I dare say. That is why you must always attend your sister's (okay, half sister's. Fine, cousin!) wedding.

When Kris was through his hugging and kissing rituals, he turned to Will, who looked like he had seen a ghost. My throat felt dry from the lack of alcohol. I planned on walking in at his place after I felt a little brave. I didn't see that as an opportunity to run into him as Kris' fiance's friend. What the hell!

"Amanda, this is my lil sis, Eva," Kris said, and my heart immediately warmed at the introduction. Okay, Kris was a good brother. But, let's keep that secret. We won't want him to forget that he treated me like shit for some painful years of my life.

Amanda finally gets a good view of who Kris was referring to, and her face falls. She looked like she got struck by lightning, and one of her kidneys had ripped out. I was never going to get through this.

"You are Kris' sis?" Amanda yelled, and everyone at the bar fixated their eyes on our table. More drama with the new people! Wow! I was getting great at being the center of attention. Had it been some other day, people would be too busy to notice I existed.

"What a small world!" I said, laughing awkwardly, and Will face-palmed.

"Do you know each other?" Kris asked, taking turns to look at Will, me, and Amanda as we assembled on the table.

"Yeah! We used to work at the same place!" Amanda said, not going into details as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Here comes Karma. Amen.

"Oh! I see. Nice to meet you, man!" Kris said as his hands extended for a handshake with Will, still in apparent shock.

"How did you two meet?" I asked, clearing my throat as I ordered four more shots, and Will stared at me. I mouthed him a 'What'... He shook his head when Kris answered me.

"We met on Tumble a few months ago. Amanda was going through a heartbreak, and I always wore mine on a sleeve. Guess one thing led to another." He said, letting out a chuckle as Amanda took his hands in her palm, and they stared into each other's eyes before kissing sloppily. Eeks! I was going to get sick. I shot a look at Will, who looked like he'd pass out any time now.

I gulped down the four shots like they were one, all in one go, as my tongue burned from the heat, and I could feel the high kicking in my head. I need to get some air.