68| IT'S NOT OVER

I didn't realize afternoon had already kicked in when the doorbell rang again. Mom and Ron were back from shopping. Martha showed up an hour before with canvas rolls, and I nearly prayed Will had forgotten about the wedding decor. But he didn't. So I was stuck up with him, scrolling through Pinterest pictures to decide on a theme while we gobbled on Pizza.

He creased his eyebrows and then tapped the end of his lips as if in deep thought. I stared at my laptop longer. The floral theme? It would look like a fairytale wedding, and based on what I heard from mom, it had to be something minimalistic.

"That's too much if you are gonna settle with that!" I said, looking at Will as he stared at me uncomfortably. His lips parted a little, and then he drew them together in a line.

"I was thinking about the colors." He said, clearing his throat.

"If we go with hot pink and white, it would look too much. But, if we take it down a shade, say coral and creamé, it would fit the picture." He said, and I looked at him wide-eyed. Wow. When did he learn all of this?

"No!" I said mindlessly, and he raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked, clearing his throat, and it was almost impossible to overlook the near-zero distance between us.

"Coral and creamé in a minimalistic theme? How will that play out?" I asked, putting more thought into it.

"It is a little tricky, but it would work," Will said. His voice came off a little husky than usual, and I felt conscious of myself.

"We can have the creamé background with coral ribbons and light pink carnations in the alley. It would be fine!" Will said, and I frowned.

"How are we going to do this in such a short time? It's in a week!" I said, and Will put his hands on my shoulder, and I thought I would fall off the chair. What the fuck?

"Calm down. I can arrange for the decorators. You handle the catering." Will said, looking me in the eye.

"Okay," I said, gulping the lump in my throat.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, staring deep into his grey eyes.

"Because I am selfish." He said in the small of his voice.

 Wasn't playing the fool with me for so long enough for him?

"So you decided on being honest, huh?" I chuckled.

He inched closer and closer. I could feel the warmth of his breath on my lips. I waited for him to kiss them, but he didn't.

"You learn to get things done in time, Mellon!" He said, pulling back so that he sat at least a foot away from me on the table, and I felt like a total idiot.

"Yo! Team Decor, I have a few creative ideas at hand!" I heard Martha walking in with her chirpy voice as she entered the living room.

"We have already decided on colors, and it seems like you have to work it out with this man!" I said, pointing at Will as Martha got herself a chair.

"I am open to new ideas!" Will said, as his eyes twinkled. I had a gut feeling that he was relieved he had to do that with Martha and not with me.

"I have to make a quick call and feed Bruno!" I said, stepping out as Will and Martha discussed the details.

~

"Hello!" I spoke on the phone.

"Yeah, I am Jeanette's daughter. I will check out the wedding cake tomorrow. I have decided on the starters menu." I said, biting my lip.

Add muffins too. Will had said, grinning when we talked about it after lunch. For some stupid reason, his face sprawled in my head.

"Sorry, could you please repeat- I think I lost you- Okay. Fine, I will see you at eight tomorrow." I said, hitting the end call.

Fuck, even his thoughts are disturbing!

Beep.

You have one new notification from Roms.

My heart skipped a beat. I hadn't talked with Roms ever since the fallout at Will's. Calm down. Eva. Breathe.

I clicked on it with my heart in my throat.

Roms: How are you doing? I miss you. But I am mad at you!

My eyes turned moist.

Me: I am doing good. I miss you too. P.S. I am sorry for yelling at you.

Roms: I will forgive you if you come back.

Good heavens! I let out a sigh.

Me: I will think about it.

Did I want to go back to Fordshire? Maybe. Seattle was nothing less than a pain in the ass, but how will I work in the same office as Will, Amanda, and Josh?

#

"Bruno! Boy, where are you?"

I peeped into my bedroom to find Will spread over my bed, patting Bruno's head.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my inner voice screaming trouble.

"Martha told me to wait with the raw material, and I found this fur ball. He led me in here!" Will said, shrugging at me as Bruno licked him.

"Bruno! Come to mommy!" I said, spreading my arms, and he wagged his tail as he hopped into my arms.

"Stay away from my baby! I don't want manipulative people around him!" I glared at Will, running my fingers across Bruno's coat as he woofed.

"He likes me, Eva." Will chuckled.

"You wish!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"You're challenging me now?" Will said, rolling his sleeves as a smirk played on his lips.

"Watch and learn." He said as he got on his feet.

"Boy, come to daddy!" Will said, and Bruno slipped from my arms, launching himself at Will as he landed with him on my bed. What the fuck! How did he? He just met him!

"You just didn't! How could you?" I said, and then it struck me. What if Bruno and Will already know each other? God, how could I be so naive! He had befriended him long ago. Bruno played with Will as Will smiled and patted him. Wow. He was stealing everything precious to me already! Mom. Martha. Bruno.

"Traitor!" I seethed with anger when Bruno ran across the room and crawled out.

"You can't do that, Will!" I said, looking into his grey eyes.

"Can't do what?" He asked, acting innocent. As if he didn't know what he was doing! He walked closer.

"Stop interfering with my life! I don't know why you are doing this, but I am done playing games with you." I said, and my eyes turned wet. Fuck. Don't cry. Don't be a cry baby.

"Eva-" Will said when I moved away.

"Just leave," I said, glaring at him.

"Fine." He said, taking me by my arm as I kicked the air with my feet. He carried me over his shoulder, and another moment gone, I lay pinned on the bed.

"I will make it clear. It's not over between us." Will said, looking me in the eye, and I couldn't help but tremble. His Adam's apple quaked as he kept staring into my eyes. My breath hitched, and I felt warmed to my core.

 My breath hitched, and I felt warmed to my core