49| REVISITING

I could see the sun setting from the guest room window. For some reason, three hours have passed, and I can't bring myself to leave. My phone beeped dead with the last text from Roms- 'Come home, Eva' but I didn't know where home was. I was lost. With my head hurting, I was throwing a pity party, crying and withering on the bed. I knew it was time to go.

When I walked out of the room, Will was standing in the doorway, shirtless in faded denim pants. His face was red, his eyes looked swollen, his hair was wet, and he looked like he would fall apart with a touch. He cried.

I found myself tight-lipped. There was nothing I could do.

"How long were you planning on being a peeping, Tom?" I said unexpectedly, finding courage. A little bit of sarcasm has never done anyone harm.

Will didn't say a word and walked till he stood facing me. His grey eyes burned into my brown ones. The sting in his irises made its way to mine, and I could feel tears building up behind. No, don't cry in front of him. Don't. I bite my lip to keep myself from crying, but it is not working.

"How's your leg?" He asked with his voice faint, almost like a whisper.

"It's hurting, just a little less than a few other places," I said, and a few drops escaped my eyes.

"Are you leaving?" He said, his hands trembling a little when he touched my cheek, wiping off the tear.

I didn't answer. I nodded my head. It's difficult telling someone you are leaving them when you don't want to in the first place.

"Eva, don't." He said, his fingers shaking as he caressed my face.

"Don't what?" I asked with my eyes closed as the tears gave away my will. I imagine him smiling with my eyes closed. It was painful watching him like this.

"Don't leave me, Eva. I will figure this out." He said. I could feel him getting close. Then his lips touched my forehead softly. I opened my eyes, founding myself buried in his bare chest.

"No, we can't. Unless you tell me everything, we can't." I said the words, quaking in his arms as he pressed me close to him.

"It was New Year's Eve. I let you go. You were driving alone to Central Park and then. I thought I lost you." He broke into tears.

I could feel my back drenched as he laid his head over my shoulder, holding onto me.

"Dr. Adams said she had lost hope. I lived like a mad man when you were in the hospital. Weeks passed by. Weeks turned into months, and I-I thought I would never get to tell you how much I love you, Eva." His chest heaved erratically, and I found myself clinging to him harder. Giving him my warmth, telling him I was there.

"I am here, Will. I am here." I said with my fingers raking in his bare back.

"When you woke up, I thought I was close to my happy end, but-" He cried bitterly.

"When Dr.Adams asked about family, you didn't remember a thing. You didn't remember us. I shattered within- It felt like a punishment-" He added in between his sobs.

"I convinced Mark to talk you into working for Bexley's- So I could see you every day.

Roms-She-She did more than what I could ask from her. She kept-kept your company. All I had to do was give Rachel a job." Will said, his sobs died.

"When Josh- Fuck that jerk. He knew about it all. He used you to get back on me- I thought you loved him- remembered him. I was jealous, so damn jealous, Eva!" He said, pulling out of the hug as he stared into my eyes.