PROLOGUE: THE CIRCUS

Summer of 2019

Weddings are worse than haunted houses. I never remember myself as a 'wedding' enthusiast. Terrible things happened in every other supposed-to-be-perfect wedding, and it isn't just about sloppy kisses and bad breath. Why can't people just elope?

"Stop whining, for God's sake, Eva! It's your own wedding." Miss Mason said.

"Was I thinking out loud?"I asked and she nodded.

I once read in a book-

The world's a stage, and you must always be ready to perform.

Bullshit statement. For once, the world is not a stage, it's a circus. Every person who has made it to the other end of the tunnel knows, life is a circus. Why? Because life allows you to project yourself only when you are clowning. I know what you are thinking: How does that fit the context? Trust me, it does.

I am Eva Mellon (and I am not always rude, unless you're Amanda from the past). I am neither the strict Christian person that 'Evangeline' screamed, nor the petite blonde with curves in all the right places. I am that chic who played the sidekick in her own story till it was all life and death (and love).I preferred my life that way- the plain, always-twisted-and-hopeless, but after my return to Bexley's, my life had something more to it- a strong pull towards 'him'. Explains the 'clowning'.

Where's the circus, huh? The morning I woke up from a coma, I was ready for a new start with six months of my life erased on a whim. I never wanted to get entrapped in a loop of secrets, and I loved my comfortably boring life. Or so I thought. And then life happened...I entered Will Turner's office and broke his favorite vase with zero idea on what I was getting myself into. Ever since that day, I had convinced myself that I am born to be a subject of his hate.

I know most of you want to scream it in my face- No one wants to listen an adult's rant (especially when you have better things to do, like binge watch Netflix), and I totally get you. But hold on, this isn't what it is about! This story is about how I grew through the character I was stuck up with in this cruel circus - the ignominious, complaining brat that I always felt comfortable with.

A little disclaimer here, this is not 'my' story, but 'Ours'.  Your next possible thought would be: Oh God! You are one of those people. Another cliche romance?  I know, I know, I have heard it all. Before we roll, here's the rule: more wine, and less whine, and if we are lucky, we will get it all wrapped soon. We only have five fucking hours, and a lot of kissing and sucking to talk!

Considering the reality that I have no idea whether this is a great time for a story, without further ado, let's start.  So, here we go again. I am Eva Mellon, a distinguished editor at Bexley's, and Director of its Creative Development Unit. I will narrate you 'our' love story in the least cliche way possible. What to expect from this story? Bad humor, lot of cussing, and love in places you don't expect. Good, or bad, I'd leave it all upto you. 

Next thought up: Wait, Eva. Who's 'ours'?  I am afraid that is the part you have to read and figure out on your own.

"Stand still, and stop talking with people who don't exist! Ugh, I can't fix this bloody bow!"

"They are my readers, Miss Mason!"

"Keep pretending!"

Let's pretend that five hours is as good as six, since old lady Mason's going to get a little late.

"Who are you calling 'old'?"

"My bad, forever young Mason."

"That's more like it!"

Well, I hope so. 

***

Here goes the bucket list. Six parts. One Story. One lame ass narrator. 

Tick it off when you are done, and I will see you on the other side of the confetti wall!

THE BUCKETLIST

#1. Strangers

#2. Employees

#3. Friends(or something like that)

#4. Lovers

#5. Soulmates

#6. Forevers (are flawed)