75 | CONFRONTATION: Part-2

I set the water to the maximum temperature and turned the shower on as I stepped into the bath. The water stung my skin, and underneath I could my muscles relax. My head felt lighter, and I felt eased. Deep within, I was worried about Will and his talk with Satan. I would only focus on relaxing nerves. I lie to myself as I burst a few soap bubbles.

Clank. Shatter.

I heard the sound, and fear invoked within me. A thief? Oh, God! How will I deal with this? I panicked out of the bath, grabbed the bathrobe, and walked out of the bathroom. I gripped the Yankees baseball bat that Will kept in his closet. I don't care if it is signed by Tim Locastro! I need to get the burglar out!

I stepped out of the room holding the bat, ready to strike on sight if I saw any other head. I let out a sigh. Breathe Eva. You can do this. I heard voices from the living room, and with the same courage that Napolean walked into the battlefield, I turned the doorknob.

Breathe. One. Two. Three.

I swayed the bat in the air as I spotted a figure in a black hoodie. The person dodged the hit, and I went for another go when he slipped his cap off. My eyes stopped to take a good look at the blue eyes.

"What the hell are you doing here, Josh?" I asked, completely losing my shit.

"Easy there! What are you doing here?" He asked, looking irritated.

"I am looking for Will!" He said.

"I am waiting for Will!" I added, and he nodded his head.

"How did you enter?" I asked, still gripping the baseball bat.

"I know the pass code, of course!" He said, and I couldn't help but frown. Why did he know the pass code? Did he visit often? I couldn't think of one positive thing with that information.

"How do you know the pass code!" I asked, looking at him suspiciously.

"You'd like to ask that to your ex-husband!" He said with a smirk.

"You mean current husband!" I said, and his jaw clenched.

"Stop manipulating me, Josh. Why the hell are you here? Will has no business with you!" I said, and he glared at me.

"You don't do the 'no business' drama with me, Eva! After the trick you played with me, you know we have a lot of unfinished business!" He said with a smug smile.

"You did me no favor! Get the hell out!" I said.

"Really? No favor? You lured me into posting those pics out of rage to get your damn revenge, and now I am about to lose my job!" Josh said, and I could feel the bile rising in my throat.

"That was before. I didn't want that now. I am not trying to screw Will Turner! I love him!" I yelled at Josh, and he laughed.

"You? And Will? It isn't even half of a joke! You posed as the victim and played the dirty game, didn't you?" Josh said, and I fought the urge to punch him.

"I was hurt that he lied to me! But you! He always loved you, and what did you do? Left him when he needed you the most?" I said, clenching my fists.

"You don't know a thing about us! I never left him. He left me for you! He fucking fell in love with you, and I was the one left alone." He said.

"Liar! He used to spend all his time with you even after the marriage! You only wanted his money!" I yelled at him.

"And you, his dick! Let's face it, Eva, you're no different than me!" He said with a smirk.

"No! We are different! I acted in anger, but I am trying to correct my mistakes. You are the only fucked up one here!"

"Eva..." I turned around to see Will staring at us, his eyes showed he was hurt, and his jaw clenched. How much had he heard?

"Wow! Well played. Here I thought I was the only person lying!" He said his eyes turned dark, and the package he carried dropped to the floor.

"Will, I can explain!" I said when he lifted his hand in the air. Stop.

"Just don't. Don't say a word." He said and then turned to Josh.

"You, get the hell out of here before I call the cops. I have no intention to chit-chat with you!" Will seethed at Josh, and he seemed terrified.

"Fine! I have no business staying in your fancy-ass house! I got what I want-"He said with a smug smile, hurrying to the exit.

"Will..." I said, trying to get close to him when he turned away his face to the wall.

"You told Josh to post those pictures. For what? Revenge?" He said, and tears built in my eyes.

"I am sorry. I was hurt, but I don't want to hurt you anymore. Will I-" I said, sobbing.

"I was overwhelmed to tell you that Grandpa accepted my application. I didn't expect to get slapped with the truth!" He said, and I knew he was hurt.

"Will, I am sorry."

"I thought you loved me!" He said, not paying attention to my words.

"I love you!" I said as I walked closer to him and turned to face him.

"How? By making me vulnerable? By revealing my secrets?" He said, and tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I know I made a fucked up decision in my anger, but I- I love you. Please, don't give up on me. I love you, Will!" I said, and he pressed his lips on mine.

It wasn't his usual, gentle kisses. He kissed me like he was starving, and only I could ease his appetite. His need for me felt primal and overwhelming as he pushed me to the wall. He pinned my hands to the side; as tears built in his eyes.

"Tell me that you love me!" Will said, looking into my eyes. Tears slid down his cheeks, and I kissed his cheek.

"I love you, Will. I am sorry." I said, closing my eyes, and I felt the bathrobe sliding down my body as his hands went around my bare back.

He pressed me to his front, and I let myself unravel in front of him.

"I am sorry, baby," I said, burying my face in his chest.

"You're going to use that baby card?" He chuckled.

"I will do anything you say. Please forgive me." I said, and a sob escaped.

"I think we need space, Queen," Will said, lifting my chin. He withdrew his arms.

"Space?" I looked at him, hoping he would speak more.

"Stay in different rooms. No more sex. No more food together." He said, and I thought the world slipped beneath my feet.

"Oh-kay." I forced the words out of my mouth.

I was in the wrong there. I deserved the shit treatment.

I shunned my face down.

"How long?" I asked in a small voice.

"Till I am ready." He said, and my heart ached with the thought.

"Fine," I said, walking to the bedroom.

I prayed I survived the distance between us. I let tears flow and plopped on the bed. How is it that I always manage to fuck myself?

 How is it that I always manage to fuck myself?