43 | ALONG WITH THE RIDE

Fordshire night was rather enthusiastic for a full-fledged monsoon. The food bars at Fourth Street smelt of wine, sizzling spices, roasted meat, and tossed peppercorns. Contrary to Fourth Street, Third Street was puddles of water and nostalgia, kids in gumboots, couples in raincoats, and the infamous Fordshire bikers in their leather jackets. As the clock struck seven in the evening, the street lights sprang to life, life breathed down the city of Fordshire. 

The moist monsoon wind kissed my cheeks as I bicycled to Central Park. I was wondering if Will would back out? It took me nearly an hour to decide on what to wear. I couldn't show up in a second-hand tee and cycling shorts with all the makeup on. I would end up looking like Alexa VenaPega in Sleepover. I whined when Roms let me borrow her red mini-dress; paired with black shorts.

I regretted my choice of clothing as the sleeves were next to nothing, and the air felt cold.

I kept on peddling till I saw the grass patch on the other end of Central Park. I notice the Aphrodite Fountain and nearly cringe from the memory of this place 'may we both find true love'.  Am I going to screw this up? I gulped a lump in my throat. 

When I stopped paddling, I find a man staring at me intently.

"Are you here alone?" He asked as he removed his cap, and I could see his green eyes illuminating underneath the lamp lights.

"As of now, yes," I said.

He seemed familiar, but I don't remember him. I sighed at my memory loss. He didn't give me a creepy vibe, and when he shrugged and moved away, I knew he wasn't interested in continuing the small talk.

I could feel someone tap my shoulder. I put the bicycle on the stand, and turned around. Pools of storm cloud grey irises stared back at me, and I sighed. I could feel my throat turning dry.

Will dressed in a casual Yankees Jersey and boy shorts. The fabric stuck to his body, giving away the ripped figure underneath. My eyes went wide.

"You're staring. That's rude." Will scoffed, and my attention shifted to the bag he was carrying.

"Sorry. Your outfit is distracting." I said, and he raised a brow.

"I mean offensive! You're wearing Yankees at Fordshire?" I added, clearing my throat.

Well, it's a lie. Though Fordshire had its own, all-awesome team in the league, the Yankees were pretty good, but they were the opponents! But I couldn't make it apparent that he looked like a hot jock on the school team. That's why I was staring.

"Don't think I am here because we are cool!" Will said blatantly.

"When did I say we're cool? I think you are hot-" I nearly gave myself away.

"Hot-headed. I know you are hot-headed." I added awkwardly, and he walked forward. I felt my breath hitch.

"Here, get a bite. I brought you- I mean, I brought muffins." Will said, brushing his fingers across the back of his head.

"Okay. Thanks for the treat, but-" I said.

"But what? I am still mad!" He said. Weird.

"I was wondering where's your bike?" I added, and he shifted in his sneakers.

"I need to get one from a friend! It's on the way here." Will added, and I took out a muffin from the bag.

"These look good," I said, holding one muffin.

I took a bite. It was chocolate chip loaded, and from the texture of the base cake, I knew it had to be Fawn's. The chocolate melt on my tongue, and I love the amount of sugar it had in every bite.