30| SH*T*EST EVENING EVER

After storming in and out of my cubicle for about thirty times, the workday at Bexley's came to a tiring end.  Amanda's cheap PR trick on my reputation had taken a toll on me. Josh offered to drive me home, but I politely rejected. He lived downtown, and I lived on the far side of the city. It would cost him a lot to pay for the gas. There were always other ways to stay together. Preferably, less expensive.

I quickly texted Romilda.

Want to chill up at Brian's tonight? Just the two of us?

I was dying for an all-girls night out with her.

You have one new message from Roms.

Roms: See you at 9 pm.

Me: 9@Brian's is dangerous.

Are you sure about that?

Romilda: What's the fun in playing safe? JK. All will be fine. You know Brian will be there.

Me: I will head out straight for Brian's then.

Romilda: See you there, honey!

I couldn't wait to head out and get drunk with Roms. Nothing like bitching about a bitch with your best pal. I hit send on the last email to Sparks, and ta-da! I was happy to shut down the screen and worked my way into the elevator. Josh left early with Amer and a few others, and I promised to call him on my way back but decided against it. Josh can wait for a night, and I needed a 'me time' when I was not horny over a guy.

***

What's wrong with Monday evenings and cabs? It had been half an hour, and I couldn't get one. The online cab services that I usually relied on had a system crash, and they were  not leasing any cabs. I waited for the bus at the bus stand, hoping the city bus would arrive any minute. For fuck's sake, why can't anything be the way it is supposed to!

I could see vehicles zooming in and out of sight. The rain started as a drizzle and transited into a full-fledged downpour. The grey pavements of the street were drenched wet. The streetlights and the wet roads added with the rain made it a perfect opening scene for a K-drama. Ugh! So much for being a romance editor. Why can't I have an easy life with Netflix-worthy romance? Just why? In real life everything sucked. The downpour got heavier with the moment. I was sure to get drenched in her horrible office clothes. There were no happy endings for me.

"Are we waiting for the bus?" I turned to find a guy dressed in a pitch black jumpsuit. He had his hair spiked to the very tip and a black eye.

"Yeah. I suppose!" I said in an almost whisper, not meaning to be rude.

"You know there aren't going to be any?" He said with a smirk.

"You mean?" I asked nervously.

This guy came off as a creepy bastard. Should I kick him in the nuts and run for my life? Mud and water are no harm compared to being tied and tortured.

"No buses for you, princess."He said with a chuckle.

"Are you fucking with me? You know I am a blue belt in Taekwondo!" I said.

I loved screaming the unnecessary credentials in scary places. It gave me an ego boost and a sense of relief that I am not a delicate coward.

"Whoa. I love my balls, no messing with Taekwondo lady there! But the state bus services are canceled for a week due to the cyclone." The young guy said, looking horrified.