Chapter 8: Tony's Insistence

Tony and Peter were sitting face to face at one of the tables in the food court, a silence had reigned between them and had already lasted a couple of minutes, the reason? the request that Tony had made to Peter, which had managed to make the boy very nervous because it was a DNA test that would indicate if Tony Stark was his biological father.

Peter remained silent, without answering, while Tony continued with his hand resting on the teenager's arm, trying to comfort him with that brotherly touch. Tony patiently observed Peter, waiting for an affirmative response to his request, however what the boy answered was the opposite of what Tony expected, the brat was still determined to avoid the DNA analysis.

"I won't do a DNA test, I don't want you to ask me again." Peter answered defensively, firm in his position and moved away from Mr. Stark's grip as if he had been given an electric shock. The chestnut-haired boy hid his arm under the table and put on a serious expression.

"What's the matter with you?" Tony asked, frustrated because the boy wasn't coming to his senses, he had tried talking to him in a nice way and not even that worked to convince him.

What else was he supposed to do? force him? Tony thought about it for a few seconds and had to admit that the idea was tempting him but obviously he would never do that, he had to get Peter's consent for good.

"I don't want to do it." Peter answered simply, his answer made Tony frown.

Was Peter telling him he was stubborn? Well, he was even more so, Tony thought that it was possibly something else that the brat had inherited from him and he had to deal with it. The tycoon thought "like father, like son" while letting out a sigh.

Peter ignored Mr. Stark's intense and undisguised gaze on him, "I'm getting used to it" thought the brown-haired boy, he grabbed a chicken nugget and took a bite, pretending to be indifferent, he immediately regretted it because he could barely swallow that bite, Peter grimaced and dropped the nugget on the tray, disgusted.

"Do you know Peter?" Tony called, Peter swallowed and looked at him, the tycoon arched an eyebrow. "You tell me I'm stubborn but you are too." He shrugged, smiled smugly and said confidently. "It's another thing we have in common."

Peter frowned and crossed his arms.

"Stop pressuring me, Mr. Stark, I don't want to do that shitty analysis." The teenager replied defensively, despite all the admiration he feels for Tony, he's not ready to know the truth.

Was that a cowardly attitude? yes but... so what? Peter felt that he was justified, the subject of his biological parents had always been a difficult subject for him and after what had happened in the last few days, he wasn't prepared for such news.

"Don't be selfish, you know how much I dream of having a son." Tony said beginning to despair.

"You don't be selfish." Peter refuted, annoyed. "You should put yourself in my place, I'm going through a lot of difficult things right now to add a DNA that I'm not interested in doing..."

"I'm interested in doing it." Tony cut him off, looking at him seriously.

Peter returned his gaze with the same seriousness, not wanting to lose this battle of looks.

"But I don't." The chestnut-haired boy argued vehemently, without giving the arm to twist, he wouldn't back down on his decision.

Tony let out a wry laugh.

"The issue with DNA tests, Peter, is that they only work if there are two patients." Explained the tycoon looking for patience, he thought "what a stubborn brat".