Chapter 12: The Agreement Between Tony And Steve

"What? Only for a week?" Tony complained immediately.

Steve had just told him that he was giving Peter permission to go to the Tower to train but only for a week, which Tony thought was ridiculous and pointless because a week was such a short time. The tycoon was willing to argue in order to show Rogers that he was making the wrong decision, in his opinion the Captain should try not to be so overprotective and allow Peter to become an Avenger.

"What is the point of training him then? I don't have time to turn him into an Avenger in a week, I mean... I'm great but a week isn't enough." Tony shook his black hair with one hand and sighed. "Besides, Peter is learning to use his powers, he still hasn't got used to his new abilities, he's very rookie, not to say that he's also a kid, I think his young age will influence his performance, teenagers are more irresponsible and immature, I have to teach him to be serious in important situations and not to do stupid things..."

"What do you say?" Steve interrupted him, clearly concerned, as Tony talked more, he get more worried.

From Steve's point of view... Peter wasn't ready to aspire to be an Avenger. Tony was right, teenagers were more irresponsible and immature, especially Peter, surely he would commit something stupid that would put his safety and that of others at risk.

"Let's get serious, don't you think that Peter is too young to become an Avenger and join the team? Seriously, think about it." Steve said beginning to despair. "You have to be on my side Stark, it is dangerous for a kid, because he is a kid and you just said it yourself, to do missions with us."

Tony rolled his eyes, slipped the hand that wasn't holding his latest model cell phone into the pocket of his suit pants, walked through the huge and gleaming living room and stopped in front of the large window overlooking the city.

"That kid will be well trained, Rogers." He assured him with a serious expression. The tycoon heard some murmurs from the other line, he realized that Steve was going to protest so he kept talking. "Don't worry, he's going to be my student and could also be yours, he won't lack experience after I instruct him, but..." He took his hand out of his pocket, brought it to the padlocked stubble on his chin, and narrowed his eyes. "I need more than a week, you can't give me a measly week to prepare him, it's very little time." Tony noticed that Steve was muttering something into the phone, something about Peter not being ready. "Have a little faith in your son." He asked extremely frustrated by the Cap's attitude. "With adequate instruction he can be a good addition to the team."

Steve bristled at the last bit, pushed his back off the edge of the marble, and walked a few paces through the kitchen, stopping in front of a wood-framed window on the counter that offered a nice view of the neighborhood.