Chapter 9: Do You Think I Would Be a Good Father?

Tony entered with his luxurious Ferrari to the underground parking lot of the Tower, he drove between the many late model cars he had until he got a free place to park, when he found an unoccupied space he maneuvered, slowly put the Ferrari between a Mercedes Benz and a Lamborghini, he parked, turned the key and turned off the engine.

The tycoon leaned back on the leather seat, then heaved a sigh as he messed up his black hair with one hand and thought "what a day", Tony unbuckled his seat belt, got out of the vehicle, closing the door behind him, he set the alarm and walked with his hands inside the pockets of his suit pants to one of the elevators.

When the millionaire was inside the elevator, he put his hand to the buttons and pressed the button for the 80th floor with his index finger, then hid his hand in his pocket and waited. While the elevator went up, Tony thought of Peter, a few minutes ago he had left "Ted's" house leaving the brat there and he already missed him, he wanted to see him again.

Tony outlined a big smile, he had just had a great idea, he would get the boy's cell phone number to be able to keep in touch with him. The tycoon thought that it wasn't a harassing attitude because he needed it anyway to be able to fix the days of training, from the next day Peter would start attending the Tower.

The elevator stopped and opened its doors, Tony went out into the corridor and the first person he met was Happy, his driver and personal bodyguard was with his arms crossed and had a look of unfriendliness on his face.

"Good afternoon boss, or should I say... good night?" Happy greeted him with the same serious face and antipathy as always.

"That's funny." Tony said ironically and giggled, then he dodged Happy and started to walk down the corridor but his driver's voice stopped him.

"Why did you take so long?" Inquired Happy with curiosity, Tony turned to look at him. "Pepper is a bundle of nerves, she upsets everyone in the Tower."

"I know, I'm sorry about that, Happy." Tony apologized while scratching the padlocked beard on his chin. "But I couldn't return before, I had a pending issue."

"Which one?" Happy was interested to know as he narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "You didn't tell me anything..."

It was logical that Happy was confused because Tony had only told his wife Pepper that he was going to look for Peter, nobody else knew, not Happy, not Rhodes, not any member of the Avengers team, not even Nick Fury was aware.

Tony's silence was one of the reasons why the tycoon didn't know in advance that Peter was the adopted son of Steve Rogers, if he had informed the team of his intentions to go looking for the boy, Steve would have said or thought something about it because it was about his son, the point was that Tony usually ruled alone and made decisions as important as that without notifying the others.

"I'll tell you later, now I'm going to look for Pepper, if I don't, she'll get even angrier with me and she'll send me to sleep alone in the living room." Tony commented between giggles, he said goodbye to Happy with a wave of his hand and gave half back, ready to leave.

"Okay, but I'm watching you." Happy warned him with a serious tone as he pointed to his eyes and then pointed to his boss.

Tony looked over his shoulder at him and gave him a lopsided smile, unconcerned.

"Yes, yes, whatever you say." He muttered, making a gesture of indifference with his hand, downplaying the matter, then continued walking down the corridor, went through one of the doors and entered a room. When he got to the set of chairs, Pepper suddenly appeared, she had gone out through a side door. The blonde furiously approached her husband, ready to face him. Tony smiled nervously when he saw her approaching so quickly. "Hello darling..."