Chapter 14: Ned Asks Peter For Explanations Part 2/2

The music from the Star Wars movie was heard at high volume in the living room of Ned's house, glasses of common coke and bowls of popcorn were propped up on the coffee table that was in front of the three-body sofa in which Peter and Ned were sitting. The two friends were about to watch one of the movies from their favorite saga when the doorbell rang, alerting them to the arrival of someone. Ned pressed one of the buttons on the remote control, pausing the movie which was starting, got up from the sofa and went to attend.

Peter grabbed one of the popcorn bowls, propped it up on his legs, reached the hand into the bowl, catching a few popcorn and bringing it to his mouth, he chewed and stared at Ned, who was already in the entrance hall, standing in front of the front door, one hand on the latch, about to open it.

"Hello mom." Ned greeted his mother when he opened the door.

"Hello, son." The mother returned the greeting, entered the house and made a face. "I'm sorry I was late, I had to buy many things and there were also many people in the supermarket."

Peter, seeing the mother of his best friend, quickly put the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table, stood up and walked over to greet her.

"Hello ma'am." The brown-haired boy said with a smile, stopping in front of her.

"Oh, hello Peter." The lady greeted him, just noticing his presence, she sketched a warm smile and added kindly. "It's good that you're visiting, are you going to stay for dinner?"

"If it's not a bother..." Peter whispered a little embarrassed as he played with his fingers and bowed his head, staring at the floor.

"It's not a bother but let your parents know." Said the lady, her words made Peter look forward again.

The brown-haired boy raised both eyebrows because the lady's suggestion had taken him by surprise, let his parents know? Peter used all his efforts so that his expression didn't denote anger, he thought "not even there, I don't want to talk to them", however Ned's mother kept looking at him, waiting for him to take out his cell phone and talk to his parents, so Peter had no choice but to improvise.

"Yes, I'll let them know." Peter said, controlling the annoyance in his tone of voice, he put his hand in the back pocket of his jeans, took out his cell phone, unlocked the screen and moved his fingers, pretending to write a message, then went back to lock the screen, put away the phone and looked at the lady with a fake smile. "Ready."

Ned reached out the arm and placed the palm of his hand in front of his mother's face, who looked at him in confusion.

"Give me the car key, mom, so I can open the trunk." Asked his son, then he looked through the open door at the car parked on the front sidewalk, where Mr. Stark's luxurious red Ferrari had been parked hours ago. Ned outlined a big smile at the memory, he stopped looking at the vehicle, which was an ordinary one, not at all ostentatious, and looked at his mother again. "I'll help you unload the bags."

"I'll help too." Peter offered immediately, showing politeness, he walked a few steps and stopped next to Ned.

The lady looked at them both, then nodded.

"Fine." She agreed, took her bag off her shoulder, opened the lock, grabbed the key and handed it to Ned. "Here, son." The lady looked at Peter and then at Ned. "Then I need another favor, which help me store all the merchandise and order the kitchen." She asked with a small smile.

The two teenagers agreed, first they would fulfill those duties and then they would calmly watch episode V of Star Wars.

✨✨✨✨