Chapter 22: Trying to Escape From Tony Stark - Iron Man Part 2/2

The wind whipped Peter's face and shook his brown curls, the teenager was jumping through the trees that were next to the sidewalks of the streets of the neighborhood, Peter used the branches to move around, he had no other alternative since he didn't have his web-slinging devices, which had been left inside his backpack and were under the care of his mother, luckily Peter had some extraordinary spider powers that could help him, the boy's goal was to get as far away from his father and Mr. Stark as possible, who by now had surely realized that he had escaped, since it had been about 20 minutes since he had left Ned's house.

"What I can do? Where can I go?" Peter asked himself as he stopped on a branch, rested a hand on the trunk of the tree and wiped the sweat from his forehead with the back of his other hand, he sighed and looked around. "It's useless, what I'm doing doesn't make sense." He concluded with a frown. "I've gotten far enough away from Ned's house, now I have to look for a refuge, it's not convenient for me to continue jumping through the branches of the trees, I need to hide somewhere, if I stay on the streets my dad or Mr. Stark can find me." He took his hand off the trunk of the tree, grimaced and added with fear and pain. "Especially Mr. Stark with his suit."

Peter knew that the one he had to escape from most urgently was Tony because he was the only one who could find him more easily thanks to the technology that he counted as his Iron Man suit.

The chestnut-haired boy jumped from the tree, did a somersault in the air and landed skilfully on the sidewalk, he looked at the street illuminated by the lights of the lanterns, he verified that there was no person there, that is to say that no one had seen him make that agile movement, he gave a relieved smile and then began to run, heading for the first shelter he could find.

✨✨✨✨

Ned was in the back garden of his house, with a look of pity on his face and it wasn't for less since he was surrounded by some unhappy adults, the teenager hid his hands behind his back and lowered his head, fixing his attention in the grass, he was intimidated because his mother, Steve, May and Tony were looking at him with clear disapproval for what he had done, especially his mother.

"You're punished!" The lady told him with an angry tone.

Ned snapped his head up and looked at his mother in disbelief, that was going too far.

"But mom...!" The boy tried to defend himself, however he couldn't do it because he was interrupted by an annoying Tony.

"You disappoint me, "Ted"." The tycoon said as he shook his head, then he crossed his arms and realized that his "possible" son's best friend was giving him a bad look. "Don't look at me like that." Tony snapped authoritative, he frowned and clarified calmly. "I know your name is Ned but I got used to calling you "Ted", okay?"

Ned looked at him worse than before, the striking thing was that not only he looked at him that way, but also the boy's mother, Steve and May.

Tony was unfazed by the annoyance of those present, he had more important matters to worry about, Peter for example, if Ned hadn't helped him escape... Tony imagined Peter in the streets and grimaced, he hoped that the brat didn't commit anything crazy, what if after everything that happened that day he wanted to clear his head by doing what he dreamed of? What if he got into being Spider-Man and decided to start saving people in the neighborhood? What if his hero complex was stronger than his reason? Tony was worried because Peter wasn't ready to do something like that yet, he had no experience, he could put himself in danger.

Ned crossed his arms and continued to look at Mr. Stark with a frown, he had gotten tired of being called "Ted", the first time Tony said that to him it hadn't bothered him but now it did and he would let him know. The teenager opened his mouth to argue but a sound caught his full attention, he stopped looking at Tony and looked quickly ahead, he saw with horror that his mother had taken an intimidating step towards him, Ned swallowed, clearly nervous.