Chapter 29: Tony's Impulse

A crushing silence had formed in the living room of the Rogers house and had lasted for several seconds until Peter decided to break it since Harley was still standing in front of him, waiting for an explanation for what had happened a few moments ago, because of that uncomfortable discussion that had taken place between his best friend and his adoptive parents.

"Well..." Peter muttered in a low voice as he kept his gaze fixed on the kitchen door and scratched the back of his neck with the fingers of his hand, suddenly he lowered his arm and directed his brown eyes to Harley's curious face. "Now that my parents are gone I can give you explanations, although I think you already realize what's happening, it's obvious." He shrugged his shoulders, let out a sigh and added with pain. "I'm fighting with them, I'm sorry for that uncomfortable discussion that you witnessed, I couldn't contain myself and I answered them, lately I can't stand them."

"It's okay Peter, don't apologize, I understand you." Harley said with a sympathetic look, he also shrugged his shoulders and explained with a small smile, as a consolation. "Sometimes I also argue with my mom, parents can sometimes be annoying but it's because they love us."

"My parents aren't annoying, they are extremely annoying." Peter complained with a frown while crossing his arms.

"Hum... maybe you're right." Harley acknowledged as he gently scratched his chin with his fingers, rested both hands on his waist and said with both eyebrows raised. "I've never seen you so angry with them, I was surprised by the way you spoke to them, you are very brave, I don't dare to do so much with my mom."

"It's because of my personality." Peter let him know while making an indifferent gesture with his hand, then he rested his index finger on his chin and narrowed his eyes slightly. "Honestly I don't stop to think if what I do is an act of bravery or stupidity, I simply cannot remain silent, I always say what I think, that is why our discussions become long and powerful." He explained sincerely, he removed his hand from his chin, brought it to his head, sinking his fingers into his wavy brown hair and moved it to the side. "Besides it doesn't help that they are heavy and overprotective." The brown-haired boy grumbled in a complaining voice.

Harley gave a small nod of his head, then crossed his arms and looked at Peter expectantly.

"What happened? Why are you fighting?" Asked the blonde, feeling curious, he grimaced and added in a lower tone of voice. "I feel sorry for you."

Peter let out a long sigh, logically he couldn't tell Harley that his father had hidden from him all his life that he is Captain America, at least he couldn't tell him yet, he had to finish assimilating it himself before he dared to talk about it with Harley and Ned.

"It's a long story." Peter answered evasively, shrugged his shoulders and explained. "Ned doesn't know it either, he's just aware that we're on bad terms but one day I'll tell you, I promise." He assured, Harley made an "okay" sign with his thumb finger, Peter frowned and said, resigned and annoyed in equal parts. "The thing is that I'm grounded, initially for a week but if I keep answering them that way, maybe my parents will give me more days of punishment, anyway..." The brown-haired boy grabbed the edge of the sleeve of his checkered shirt and began to hem the fabric, he outlined a grimace and continued in a pitiful voice. "They took almost all my belongings and hid them, I can't use my tools, the playstation, the computer, my cell phone, in short any electronic device, nor can I leave the house."

Harley's eyes widened, surprised by what he had just heard, he let out a whistle and then scratched his chin with his fingers.

"That sounds too strict." He said with excessive sincerity, Peter nodded, agreeing with him, his parents had gone too far this time. "I don't remember a time when my mother has punished me in that way." Harley commented, narrowing his eyes a little.