Chapter 21: Trying to Escape From Tony Stark - Iron Man Part 1/2

Steve had proposed to win back his son's affection and the first step to achieve it, although he didn't like the idea very much, was to be strict since Peter wasn't helping at all with his evasive and rebellious attitude, to begin with... he still didn't look at him to the eyes, he was loaded bridal style in Tony Stark's arms and ignored him and May completely, as if they weren't there, in front of him, Steve couldn't let this go unnoticed.

"Peter?" The blond tried calling him with a soothing voice, not wanting to scold him but since his son continued to ignore him, he let out a sigh of exhaustion and found himself having to stand firmer. "Look at me." He demanded using a determined tone that Peter didn't seem to care at all because he didn't listen to him, this act of extreme rebellion began to annoy his father, who didn't have much patience at that point.

"Peter, hey Peter." May called him this time, using a tone of voice just as serious as her husband, Peter acted as if he hadn't heard her, blatantly ignoring her, the chestnut put both hands on her waist and gave a snort of annoyance. "Don't play deaf, I'm talking to you son." She said firmly.

Peter rolled his eyes, giving up, dropped his nonchalant attitude, and finally turned his head to face his parents.

"What do you want, mom?" The teenager blurted out with little patience as he frowned, as a sign of disgust, and crossed his arms, his parents really had enough of him, they were damn annoying.

"Your father told you to look at him, listen to him." May demanded with a serious look.

"Thank you love." Steve thanked her with a small smile for the support provided, leaned towards her, placed a sweet kiss on her cheek and then straightened up again, he looked ahead and fixed his blue eyes on his son while his features hardened. "I'm going to ask again and I want you to answer me seriously this time." The blond warned Peter, crossing his arms and repeating the question what he had done before. "Everything alright?"

"No, all wrong." Peter answered with a bad tone, Steve raised an eyebrow at his son's audacity, the brown-haired boy snorted and then asked in a groan and at the same time with a touch of despair in his voice. "Why are you doing this to me dad? Why do you humiliate me like that?"

Peter couldn't help but protest, in his opinion his dad had gone too far by asking Mr. Stark to pick him up to take him home, it really wasn't necessary, he could have returned by himself with his spider webs, he was Spider-Man, or you mean, why didn't his father let him grow up? He was very overprotective, Peter immediately dismissed this thought, his father not only hadn't given him permission to go back on his own because he was overprotective, but also because he wanted to prevent him from escaping, which he perfectly could have done and would definitely try to do, he would find the perfect opportunity to flee, Peter refused to go back home being taken by Tony Stark clad in his Iron Man suit, it was humiliating.

Steve looked up at the sky for a few seconds, seeking patience, took a breath, looked back at his son, raised a hand to his head, ruffled his blond hair in all directions, and let out a sigh with held air.

"Listen son... it's late and I'm tired, I'm not in the mood to start another discussion." Steve answered sincerely while placing both hands on his waist, the blond noticed that Peter was going to rebut but he didn't let him speak. What part of "I'm tired, I'm not in the mood to start another discussion" hadn't he understood? "Besides, you know very well why, it's part of your punishment for everything you did tonight, we already talked about this so get over it." He added with a serious face, trying to end the conversation.

"Okay." Peter mumbled as he lowered his head and focused his gaze on his joined hands, which rested on his marked abdomen, he was resigned, at least for the moment.