Chapter 20: Learning to Mature

Peter continued with his hands resting and with his face hidden in Tony's chest, he couldn't bring himself to get away from there, he didn't want to look at anyone and how could he not want to, he was very embarrassed not only for the fact of being loaded in bridal style in the arms of Tony Stark, who was clad in his Iron Man suit, which was truly humiliating in Peter's opinion, but also because of Ned's mocking laugh behind his back, which the brown-haired boy could hear perfectly thanks to his super hearing, that laugh made him feel even more embarrassed than he already was, so his attitude of not wanting to move his face from Mr. Stark's chest was justified.

However, despite not wanting to do it, Peter took courage and tried to show his face because the truth was that he couldn't remain sheltered next to Mr. Stark indefinitely so he took a breath of air, trying to instill courage and slowly and cautiously began to get away from Tony's chest but he heard Ned's laughter a little louder, something that made him lose the little value he had acquired. Peter regretted his previous decision, cowardly he hid his face again in Mr. Stark's chest and he remained still there, trying to go unnoticed but it was impossible. Tony felt sorry for the boy when he noticed him so embarrassed and afflicted.

"Hey, calm down boy, you don't have to be so embarrassed." Said the tycoon trying to raise his self-esteem but failing in the attempt because Peter himself had low self-esteem and it didn't help at all that he was the center of ridicule from his best friend for what was happening.

Peter lifted his face from Tony's chest and looked at him reproachfully.

"Are you serious?" He asked letting out an ironic laugh, the brown-haired boy turned his head to the side to look at the others, he discovered with horror that his dad, his mom, Ned and Ned's mother were walking towards them. Peter swallowed and looked at Mr. Stark again, but this time desperately. "Of course I have reason to be! You have me loaded in your arms! It's so humiliating!" He yelled, his cheeks suddenly red.

Tony easily carried Peter with one arm, thanks to the fact that he was wearing the Iron Man suit, and with his free hand he signaled to the others to stop. Steve, May, Ned, and Ned's mother understood immediately and slowed their pace, staying still in place so as not to make Peter any more uncomfortable with their closeness.

"Can you leave me alone with him for a moment?" Tony asked them with a serious look as he picked Peter up again with both arms, resting the hand of the arm he had withdrawn on the back of the boy's knees. The tycoon pointed his chin at the front door of the house and commented. "Go inside, I'll call you in a bit to come over."

Peter didn't argue, at another time he would have made an excuse not to be alone with Mr. Stark since it made him nervous but this time he didn't say anything because it was convenient for him, perhaps he could convince him to let him go and let him go, taking advantage of the fact that the others would be inside the house. Peter could easily escape if Tony let him, the point was to get him to let him but the brown-haired boy was confident, he was almost sure that he could make him give in. After all, Peter had noticed that it was hard for Tony to say no when he asked for something with his buying look, he had already checked it a couple of minutes ago.

Steve gave a snort of annoyance at Stark's request, he stared at his son, who was still being lifted up by Tony, it hurt him to see that Peter was avoiding his gaze, refusing to see him. Steve stopped looking at his son and fixed his blue eyes on Tony's face, he continued with that serious expression, as if he wanted to discuss something important with Peter.

Steve frowned and adopted a suspicious and overprotective attitude, he didn't want to leave his son alone with Stark, not if it wasn't really necessary and in this case the Captain didn't think it was necessary. In addition, the blond wanted to prevent Peter and Tony from spending a lot of time together because he was afraid that they would become closer and closer, he was afraid that his son would leave him behind for Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, his idol since forever.