Chapter 28: An Uncomfortable Discussion

Peter was still kneeling on the ground, he was close to his adoptive parents, who were standing, arms crossed and staring at Harley who was outside the house, standing on the front porch. Peter had a shocked expression on his face, he kept looking at Harley with his mouth slightly open, he felt unable to get out of his astonishment due to the surprise visit of who had been one of his best friends during childhood.

"Harley!" Peter shouted, finally reacting, it had taken him several seconds to get it, he jumped to his feet and smiled a radiant smile. "I haven't seen you in so long, dudde!" He exclaimed euphorically and without warning, he pounced on Harley, wrapping him in a friendly hug, the chestnut-haired boy heard his friend's laughter full of fun and his smile widened, he had missed him a lot, he was happy to see him again.

"Hello Peter!" Harley greeted him with a big smile, showing that he had the same joy that his best friend felt and he hugged him back immediately.

Both friends remained like that for a few seconds, in silence and hugging each other until Peter separated from the hug to look at Harley's face again, he blinked a couple of times to make sure he wasn't dreaming, it's just because the initial surprise and joy has passed... Peter was confused, he placed both hands on his waist and raised an eyebrow, what was Harley doing in Queens? He had moved with his mother to Tennessee many years ago and had never returned. The brown-haired boy opened his mouth, intending to ask his first question but from one second to the next Harley stopped looking at him, tilted his head to the side, he turned his blue eyes to Steve and May and smiled warmly.

"Hello Mr. Rogers, hello Mrs. Parker." The teenager greeted them in a cordial tone, entered the house, approached Steve and shook his hand while he gave May a kiss on the cheek, then took a few steps back, returning to his place, well... not exactly his place since he stayed inside the house and not standing outside, on the porch. "A lot of time has passed but you are still just as young." Harley commented, being very polite and flattering, he hid the hands behind his back and smiled again. "I'm glad to see you."

"Aww, thanks for the compliment." May said as she placed a hand on her chest and smiled a small smile, she was touched by the teenager's affectionate attitude.

"We are glad to see you Harley, your visit is a pleasant surprise." Steve commented with his arms behind his back and smiled with joy.

May rested a hand on her husband's muscular arm and nodded, agreeing with him, then looked at Harley and smiled.

"You look very good-looking." May flattered him while winking at him.

Harley giggled a little, Peter rolled his eyes, then crossed his arms and glared at his mother.

"Please mom, update yourself." The brown-haired boy asked in a bad tone, capturing the attention of his parents and Harley, he let out a snort and continued with obvious annoyance. "You're making me embarrassed, no one uses the word good-looking today, they uses attractive, good-looking is the word of old people..." Peter was suddenly silent, clicked his tongue and added with a frown. "Do you know what? Forget it, I don't blame you." He shrugged his shoulders and said in a disrespectful manner. "Surely you caught it from dad, he gave you the old thing."

Steve and May gave Peter a warning look, their son returned the look but full of defiance, he would not be intimidated.

"You've grown so much, Harley." May commented in a kind tone, ignoring Peter and returning her attention to the newcomer.

Harley's cheeks turned slightly red, the teenager scratched the back of his neck and explained sheepishly.

"It happens that when I had to leave Queens to live in Tennessee I was 8 years old, remember? Now I'm 14." With that he lowered his arm and looked at Steve, May and Peter with a small smile.