Chapter 11: Different Points of View

Steve and May were in the kitchen of their house, Steve was with his arms crossed, his back against the edge of the marble and his gaze fixed on the front wall. For her part, May was sitting in one of the chairs at the table, she had a pack of disposable tissues in front of her, however there was only one left because the chestnut hadn't stopped crying and blowing her nose.

Both were sad for what had happened hours ago, for the cruel way in which Peter had addressed them, for the harsh words that their adopted son had said to them. Steve and May knew that they had asked for it by keeping such an important secret from him, they knew that their son had the right to be angry with them but still they didn't regret having kept him out of it, they had done it with his well-being in mind and that was the most important thing.

What the Rogers marriage aspired to after having revealed the truth to Peter was to make peace with him, they hoped that Stark had managed to convince Peter to forgive them.

Speaking of Tony Stark... it had been several hours since the tycoon had taken Peter in the Ferrari to Ned's house. Steve and May hadn't heard from Stark and they were starting to worry.

May took out the last disposable handkerchief from the package and sniffled, Steve took off from the marble, walked to position himself behind his wife, placed both hands on her shoulders and gave them a light squeeze in the form of comfort, he was worried.

"Stop crying love, please." Steve asked his wife for the umpteenth time, with a pitiful voice, it made him sad to see her like this.

"I try but I can't." May said as new tears slipped down her cheeks. "I am very sad about what happened, it hurt me a lot Peter's reaction when he found out that we lied to him and it hurt me even more that he didn't want to listen to us, he didn't give us the opportunity to give him an explanation, I want him to forgive us, I want him to go back to the house, I want to hug him." May turned in her chair, freeing herself from her husband's grip and fixed her gaze on him. "He's our son, Steve."

"I know." The blond muttered, he brought his hand closer to May's face and delicately removed one of the tears on her cheek with his finger. "I also want the same but you saw how he got when we tried to talk to him, I think it's best to give him his space, besides..." Steve sighed and added with hope. "Stark is going to try to convince him to forgive us, we just have to be patient and wait."

"Yes." May murmured, she transformed the handkerchief she had in her hands into a bun, left it on the wooden table next to the pile of buns she had assembled, stood up and caressed Steve's cheek. "I'm going to take a bath, my face is red and swollen from crying, a good and relaxing shower would do me good."

"I think it's perfect, May." Steve commented placing his hand on top of his wife's. "Stay calm, everything will be solved." He assured her confidently, approached her and planted a tender kiss on her lips. May wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back, after a few moments they parted for air but remained with their foreheads together.

"I know Steve, everything is going to be solved, it may take a while but it will be solved." May said as she played with her husband's blond hair between her fingers, the chestnut smiled and asked. "Let me know any news you have about Peter."

"Of course." Steve said, he held May's waist with his hands and gave her a little kiss. "Relax and enjoy the shower." He recommended with a lopsided smile.

"I'll do it, love." May answered, took her arms from Steve's neck, rested her hands on his chest, gave him a kiss on the cheek and then left, leaving him alone in the kitchen.

Steve put a hand to his waist, another to his chin and sighed, suddenly his cell phone started ringing, he had an incoming call, the sudden sound of the ringtone made the blonde's heart race due to anticipation. Steve quickly took out his cell phone from his pants pocket and looked at the screen, it was a call from Tony Stark. The blond quickly placed his finger on the screen, slid it to the side, answered and put the cell phone to his ear.