Chapter 23: Tony and Peter, the Center of Attention of the Restaurant

3 meters... 2.70 meters... 2.40 meters... Peter couldn't help stepping back because the distance between him and Tony Stark was getting shorter, something that made him nervous, the truth was that he wanted to run away but he couldn't because his idol was blocking his exit, the glass doors to the restaurant were located behind Tony, if Peter tried to escape that way, he was going to have to run directly to Mr. Stark and pass close to him, that it was a very risky move since just by stretching out his arm, his mentor could capture him, grabbing him by the wrist and end of the matter. Peter would be forced to return home and endure the reprimand of his annoying parents because escaping from Tony Stark clad in his Iron Man suit once he had him attached, it was impossible, unless he was tricked into letting go, like he had done at Ned's house.

2.10 meters... Peter swallowed, feeling his heart race with nerves and looked away from Tony's serious face, instead of looking at his mentor, he looked to the side, specifically the sliding windows that the restaurant had in the table sector, Peter knew he could run full speed there, jump onto a table, open one of the front window panes and jump out, then when he was outside the restaurant he could hide quickly somewhere before Mr. Stark reached him but doing that was very risky, the speed he had to use so that Tony wouldn't catch him was not the normal speed for an ordinary human, it would draw too much attention and what the least Peter wanted was to show his powers in front of so many people, less in front of MJ. Besides, he didn't know if he would still be able to escape, Tony was faster than him with his Iron Man suit on, the brown-haired boy had already verified it an hour ago in the garden of Ned's house, Mr. Stark had caught him too easily, foiling Peter's attempt to climb the tree.

Murmurs among the people in the restaurant caused Peter to come out of his thoughts, the boy looked forward again and opened his eyes wide, he had verified with horror that Mr. Stark was nowhere near reaching him, Tony was very close to him now, the teenager backed away with clumsy steps and raised both hands, signaling him not to come any closer.

"Wait." Peter pleaded.

Tony stopped but kept looking at him seriously.

"Okay, you come then." The tycoon told him and made a gesture with his hand, indicating Peter to come closer.

The teenager immediately denied it, he didn't want Mr. Stark to take him home, he didn't want to continue being the center of attention in the restaurant either, he could feel everyone's eyes on him, the customers who were sitting at the tables, the waiters, the saleswoman who was in the customer service sector, MJ's, who was close to him, the gaze of his classmate was the one that Peter could feel the most, and the one that made him most uncomfortable. To put it worse, Tony was determined to take him away, he had a firm expression. Peter frowned slightly, he wanted Mr. Stark to stop bothering him, to leave the restaurant and leave him alone.

"Peter..." Tony called him in a warning tone when he noticed that the boy had no intention of getting close to him, "typical rebellion of teenagers" the tycoon thought with regret, then he looked around the restaurant and noticed that people were staring at him with their mouths open because he was still wearing his Iron Man suit.

Tony sighed, pressed a button on the super advanced watch that he had on his wrist and his suit was immediately put away, being stored inside the device. Peter felt intimidated by this, Tony was dressed in sportswear because before going to the neighborhood he had been working in the laboratory, he was wearing gray jogging pants, a black tank top, white tights and sneakers but whatever his attire, from an expensive suit, that sportswear or his shiny Iron Man armor, Mr. Stark looked imposing anyway when he had that serious look and more if it was directed at him. Peter swallowed and took a sneaky step back, this action didn't go unnoticed by Tony, he didn't like it either.