Chapter 26: Steve's Jealousy

Steve was sitting on the leather seat of his motorcycle that he used for missions, he had his wife May sitting behind him, held to his waist thanks to the grip that she provided with her arms. The Rogers marriage had just arrived at their home, it had not taken them long since after receiving the call from Tony Stark and finding out that Peter had already appeared, Steve put his foot down on the accelerator of his motorcycle and drove as fast as possible to his house, passing some traffic lights that they touched him in red on the road and earning horns from the cars and motorcycles that circulated through the streets.

Steve would never have been able to do something like this under normal conditions, he had always respected traffic laws and not only that, he had always driven slowly, in fact too slow since sometimes Peter would complain telling him to drive a little faster because the cars that were behind them always passed them because of how slow they were going, Steve laughed and told his son that driving slow was more prudent, instead driving fast was dangerous and it was something usual in people who believed they were the great thing and they were conceited. The blonde also warned Peter that when he learned to drive and obtained the driving license, he would only lend him the car if he drove at less than 60, Peter did not object because he preferred to drive at that super slow speed that not to drive, simple as that.

The problem was that now Steve was not being faithful to his principles, he was violating many traffic laws and the reason that prompted him to act so recklessly was that he urgently needed to see his son, he had to clarify a few things of the utmost importance to him when he had him in front of him. Steve had drawn many conclusions after that long night of discussions with Peter but the definitive thing was that his son couldn't do what he had done again, he couldn't escape again, less at night, he shouldn't walking alone through desolate streets, even as Spider-Man, definitely not, he didn't have permission and he would let him know, in other words... Peter couldn't worry him like that again, Steve was on the brink of having a panic attack, something that had never happened to him. However, now that Peter had appeared and was safe and sound, the blond's fear had turned into anger and also... into determination, he would educate Peter so that he would learn to behave correctly, whatever the cost.

Steve parked the motorcycle on the street, in front of the sidewalk of his house, immediately a movement caught his attention and he discovered that it came from the roof, the blond directed his blue eyes in that direction and realized that it was Peter and Tony who were standing on the French tiles, however his surprise was great to see them embraced, that surprise turned into irrepressible jealousy in a matter of seconds, what was Tony doing hugging his son? It was strange since Stark was not one to give that kind of displays of affection so lightly, why was it different with Peter? when had they become so close? Suddenly Steve was worried, his fears were coming true, the only thing missing was that they were both father and son.

Steve felt hands sliding over his abdomen, he noticed that May's arms were no longer covering his torso, he looked to the side and saw that his wife had gotten off the motorcycle. The blonde looked again at the roof of the house, noticing that Peter and Tony were no longer embracing and both were looking at him, they had noticed his presence. Tony was with his arms behind his back and had a neutral face while Peter's face reflected nerves and not he stopped frantically playing with his fingers.

Steve wanted to face his son so he dropped the handlebars and hurriedly took his foot off the pedal, then got off the motorcycle, climbed onto the sidewalk, and walked purposefully towards the house without taking his eyes off Peter's brown eyes. The Cap had an extremely serious face because there were two things that had bothered him a lot since he had arrived, one was seeing Tony hugging his son and two... that his son was up on the roof as if it were the floor.

"Da... dad..." Peter stammered fearfully and took a step back, he wanted to go back a little more but he couldn't because he felt a hand rest on his back, stopping him, he looked to the side, discovering that it was Mr. Stark who prevented him from walking backwards, the teenager frowned, suddenly annoyed, that was betrayal.