chapter 19 ❤

No proof read.....🙏

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Words weren't enough to explain the emotions which was Agni going through, seeing Khatija's Family breaking infront of his eyes. Her mother Umaira, her father Khaleel and her younger brother uzair who broke down upon hearing Khatija's death.

Both Agni and Gowtham confirmed the identity of the dead girl to be Khatija with the given forensics report. Agni opened up the matter to the family in a proper way and took them to the Morgue for a second confirmation from Khatija's parents. Umaira couldn't bare the pain of loosing her daughter and seeing her in a horrific condition. She fell on the floor and cried her heart out holding her chest, Khaleel on the other hand stood staring at his daughter as tears were flowing down his cheeks continuously. He couldn't believe the fact that his daughter is no more, he touched her now cleaned face gently from all the blood stains and was stitched properly after the autopsy. He sobbed heavily looking at her peacefully sleeping figure, He then somehow managed to bring her wife outside, uzair was waiting outside the building along with Agni and Gowtham, hoping it shouldn't be his sister. But seeing his parents face he could figure out that it was his sister. He gulped the lump forming on his throat and blinked his tears away. He tried very hard not cry infront of his parents else they will again breakdown.

Gowtham wrapped his arm around uzair's shoulder and gave a gentle pat, while Agni looked away not able to look at the family's condition. He signed the papers and completed the formalities to hand over Khatija's body to her family and The family did all the last rights accordingly.

Later that night back at Agni's home,

He was staring at the night sky with a heavy heart from the balcony remembering Uzair's word,

Uzair: "Khati Aapi(Akka) always tell us SUNSETS ARE LITTLE GLIMPSES OF THE GOLDEN STREETS OF HEAVEN" he said staring at the evening golden sky, while sitting outside the hospital building waiting for the procedure to be done. "Hope....she is now walking along the golden streets of..... heaven" he stuttered as his voice started to break. Agni lowered his head and blinked away the tears which was forming in his eyes looking at Uzair's pain in the face.

Adhira who entered their bedroom after cleaning the kitchen, looked at him for brief seconds and walked into the washroom to resume with her night routine. She came outside the washroom after a little while still to see him standing in the balcony. She slowly walked towards him and stood beside him without disturbing, Agni.

Eventhough he didn't see her, he could feel her presence beside him and relaxed himself closing his eyes.

Adhira: "I can completely understand something is bothering you from work, you seem to be dejected. I'm pretty sure I can't console you with that, don't let your emotions to wander. Keep it at bay while you work else you won't be able to concentrate and do justice to whomever it is concerned-" she paused and looked at him who was still staring at the sky. She placed her hand on top of his and gave a little squeeze,
"But I can say one thing that everything will be fine, soon"

Agni kept listening while his eyes closed, he didn't react anything outside but his inside started to calm down just by her single warm touch and her assuring words.

Adhira: "Dev, come get some sleep. So that you can start your day optimistically." She said pulling him inside.

Agni chuckled softly looking at her attics, trying to pull him inside with all her force and by the way she called him. He walked inside slowly to her pull and sat on the bed, she then arranged the bed and laid on the bed and fell into a deep slumber immediately. He was surprised to look at her sleep in an instant and a smile crept on the corner of his lips by looking at her small pout. He then leaned back on the headboard closing his eyes and was trying to sleep.