I. New Beginnings

The rain tapped at the window of the apartment which she now called her own. It was small yet cozy. She was used to the small closure her old home had. She preferred it that way. She sighed pulling her boots on, gathering her things for her first day at work. This job was barely enough to get her by, but she wanted this new lifestyle to be simple. She worked herself sick back in Brooklyn. Always distracting herself with her work. But now, she believes it's time to put herself first and discover the power she has within.

She pulled her hood up and quickened her steps as she walked away from the apartment complex. The walk was short just about 10 minutes with her quick pace.

 The walk was short just about 10 minutes with her quick pace

'Thunderbird & Whale Bookstore' the sign read above her. It was small and definitely had better days but something about it was comforting. She gripped her bag and pushed through the glass door, a bell jingling above her head.

"Good afternoon miss, how may I help you?" a male's voice filled her ears. He stood behind the counter to her right. He was tan and had long black hair. Probably in his mid twenties or so.

His warm smile welcomed her. "I'm actually here for the open position, I was told to ask for Joseph?" She spoke to the man taking a step towards the counter.

 "I'm actually here for the open position, I was told to ask for Joseph?" She spoke to the man taking a step towards the counter

"Ah yes, let me get him for you-" The man was cutoff.

"Is that my new hire?" An enthusiastic voice entered the room. He was a bit older than the other man and had the brightest smile on his face as he walked over.

"So nice to finally meet you Elizabeth" The man held out his hand for her. Elizabeth gladly shook it and returned the smile. "You as well." She spoke kindly.

"Let's get right to it then, go ahead and set your things in that cupboard when you come in. I'm going to go ahead and have you take care of stocking and organizing. Along with processing payments for orders and cleaning up after closing time." He led her along the bookstore giving her a small tour.

"Tyler here will lead you along the way if you have any questions go ahead and hound him with all of 'em." He laughed and she smiled nervously.

~