XIV. Wolves

The cold afternoon breeze blew through Elizabeth's brown locks. She was able to ignore any shivers that went down her body as she clung to Seth's very warm one. The road went on for miles. Nothing but forests on either side of them, the greenery passing by in the blink of an eye.

Before she knew it Seth was slowing down and pulling into a dirt lot that consisted of a few homes. It looked very cozy and cabin like, with all the pine trees surrounding the area. There was a few rundown cars and trucks parked there as well.

Elizabeth pulled the helmet off her head, quickly attempting to tame the mess of hair she was left with after their ride. Seth had hopped off the bike already before reaching a hand out to her.

"Thank you," She smiled before standing to her feet.

They walked along side each other while he pushed the bike towards the homes in front of them. "So what do you wanna do? We've got the motorbikes over there we can ride, we've got a bonfire to go to tonight with my family if that's cool with you, I can teach you to surf, or there's cliff diving...?" Seth trailed off.

Elizabeth nodded taking it all in. "All of it," She said happily.

Seth let out a laugh, "Alright, let's do this,"

The two spent the rest of that day surfing and cliff jumping. Seth had given her his sister's wetsuit to borrow insisting she wouldn't mind. After drying off a bit they'd decided on riding motorbikes or at least Elizabeth attempting to.

It was mostly Seth racing far past her as she struggled to keep up. At one point after Seth had raced far ahead yet again, Elizabeth's bike seemed to be out of fuel as it came to a slow halt. She internally groaned before getting off the bike and beginning to push it back the way Seth had went.

The trees above her almost covered the grey sky. Her fingers traced along the trunk of a pine tree, closing her eyes breathing the damp mossy air. Seth seemed to have been far ahead of her clearly waiting on boasting about his victory yet again.

As no one was around, Elizabeth used her powers to propel herself and the bike high into the air hovering past the tree tops. She swiftly landed back to her feet feeling the wind flow through her hair.

Just as she began to take another step a low growl was heard from behind her. She snapped her head towards it's direction. She saw nothing, until she turned back to come face to face with a wolf much larger than average, with dark silver fur. The wolf was growling at her in a crouched shape, ready to spring.

Elizabeth let out a gasp before raising both hands in front of her sending a blast of red energy towards the large wolf

Elizabeth let out a gasp before raising both hands in front of her sending a blast of red energy towards the large wolf. The wolf was sent crashing meters back, it scrambled to it's feet before charging at her again. She ran as fast as she could, using her power to drop trees in attempts to slow it down.

The creature was too fast for her as it was now in front of her again snarling angrily. As Elizabeth was about to use her abilities again, another large wolf with sandy colored fur attacked it, knocking it hard to the ground. The two wolves fought each other, with growls and snarls filling the air.