XXII. Unwanted Visitor

After a few weeks, Elizabeth had somewhat gotten her life back in order

After a few weeks, Elizabeth had somewhat gotten her life back in order. She was living back at her apartment but still spent a lot of nights with Edward, whether it was at the Cullen's home or Edward staying at her place. Elizabeth picked up more shifts at the book store, considering her coworker had been out for a week but was said to return soon.

"You know, you're more than welcome to live here." Edward stated as he brushed a brunette lock behind her ear.

Elizabeth flipped the page of the book she was reading, not looking up from the page as the two laid on the king size bed in Edward's room.

She let out a sigh, shaking her head. "Edward, we've already discussed this."

He propped himself up with his arm laying sideways now facing towards her. "Yes, but you don't need worry about paying rent every month for that small place. Believe me, I can take care of you."

She closed the book, now looking to him. "I know, but I don't mind it. It keeps me busy and makes me feel at ease."

"Well the offer's always on the table." He spoke to her with a sweet smile.

"Thank you." She smiled back at him, her gaze lingered on his perfect features.

He shook his head. "You don't need to thank me."

Elizabeth now leaned over to face him. The two of them now face to face. "No, I do. Truthfully I have no idea what I'd do without all of your help. I appreciate everything you and your family have done for me."

She smiled softly at him. Edward then leaned closer placing a soft kiss on her lips which Elizabeth happily reciprocated.

Edward's soft kiss quickly turned into a deeper more passionate one. Their lips moved in sync, Elizabeth ran her fingers through Edward's bronze hair. His hand delicately held her face, not wanting to pull apart from one another.

Although they could kiss for hours on end, Edward pulled apart with a startled expression.

"What is it?" Elizabeth spoke, trying to read Edward's concerned face.