V. Now I know what you are

3:08 am

The clock on Elizabeth's nightstand read. She sighed reaching for her cell phone just beside it. She opened her contacts and found herself scrolling for his name. She opened a new message and contemplated messaging him. But she couldn't find any words to say.

After staring at the blank messaging screen for a moment, she locked her phone screen and tossed it on the pillow beside her. Just as the cell phone hit the pillow's fabric it's vibration sound filled the air. Elizabeth snapped her head towards it. It vibrated for another moment before she revealed the name on the screen.

As if on queue, his name read across her screen. She couldn't help but feel her heart skip a beat. She pressed the phone to her ear.

"...hello?"

"Elizabeth, did I wake you?" His soft voice spoke in her ear almost in a whisper.

"...no actually. I can't seem to get much sleep." She replied staring at the mess all over her apartment she had caused.

"Seems we're both having a long night." She could almost hear his small smile forming on his face.

Without thinking Elizabeth asked him a question. "Would you come over?"

There was silence for a moment. She closed her eyes and mentally slapped herself. Why would he come over at 3 in the morning? She thought.

"Of course." Elizabeth smiled to herself but hung up the line before she could say anything else as she felt her nerves getting the best of her.

She stared at her black phone screen for a minute before realizing the mess she'd made still lingered. She smirked to herself when a thought came to mind.

Elizabeth raised both of her hands with the red mist forming around them flowing through her palms to finger tips. She began raising all the fallen objects from around the room. She manipulated the broken glass back to one. Slowly she placed each frame back on its spot on the walls.

Was this extremely necessary? Yes. She thought.

She held a vase high above the dining table when a knock at her door startled her causing her to drop it. It shattered all over her table. Quickly she got up and used her abilities once more to reassemble the broken pieces and place it back on the table gently all while making her way to the door.

She opened the door to reveal Edward in the dimly lit hallway. He wore a dark sweatshirt, hands in his front pockets. His brows furrowed. "Is everything alright? I heard a ruckus"

"Oh no worries, it was nothing. Come in" She lied moving aside for him to enter.

She closed the door and walked herself back to her bed and sat down. Edward slowly followed her and stood at the edge of her bed looking down at his feet debating thoughts.

"Make yourself comfortable" Elizabeth motioned for him to sit beside her.

What Elizabeth didn't know was why Edward called her so urgently. He played it off as an unable to sleep situation. Which for him was just his daily routine in existence. But he'd been watching when she had her dream. Dream which turned to nightmare. He could almost see her dream. For just a moment the red mist was gone and he'd seen what her dream was. But the red mist quickly returned with a flash and her outburst of red energy took him by surprise. He was worried and couldn't stand not being there with her. To comfort her. To hear her sweet voice.

He hesitated before making his way to the other side of her bed and sat down leaning against her satin pillows. She leaned back as well and let out a sigh.