XV. Shapeshifters

"Shut up, Embry," Seth was very annoyed now

"Shut up, Embry," Seth was very annoyed now. "I'll introduce you guys but then we're leaving."

He shook his head before motioning over to Jacob, "Liz, you remember Jacob,"

Jacob only gave a half smile as Elizabeth nodded trying to be polite as she'd sensed all the awkward tense energy coming from them.

"That's Quil and Embry over there, guys this is Elizabeth," Seth gestured to the two boys beside each other who only held their cocky smiles in place.

Elizabeth felt that each of the boys gazes never left her, almost as if waiting on her to make a move and they'd strike. One gaze in particular seemed harder, and more intense.

"And this is-" Seth was cut off.

"Paul,"

Elizabeth's eyes landed on his hard stare then following down to his smirk and to his outstretched arm. She hesitated for a moment. What was their problem? This boy in particular stared at her as if he knew her and she'd done him wrong. As if he had something against her. And she had no clue as to why.

Quickly while she reached for his outstretched hand, just before their skin touched, she sent the smallest mist of red psionic energy to his palm, in hopes to get inside his head and find out what his problem was.

She looked into his eyes as the visions flashed inside her mind. The snarls, the sharp teeth, the dark silver fur, the hunt for the witch, the need to protect his pack. All of the adrenaline, fear, and anger pumping at once. The dark eyes of the wolf that had attacked her had now stood in front of her with the menacing grin just beneath them.

Elizabeth pulled her hand away taking a step back.

"You..." She spoke as hard as she could yet it almost came out in a whisper.

She continued stepping back once more as Seth spoke up, "What's goin on?" He watched a bit confused. Paul only took a step forward.

"It was you..." Elizabeth spoke again, "You attacked me," she looked to each of the boys beside Paul. They must all be the same. Even.. Seth...?

"And I had plenty reason to," Paul snarled taking another step closer.

"Stay back.." Elizabeth hissed before she sent a blast of red energy to him causing him to fly backwards, although before landing the sounds of rips and tears were heard followed by a loud snarl and thud hitting the ground.

There stood the dark silver furred wolf standing six feet tall. Elizabeth brought a hand to her mouth as she stared at the creature. The wolf let out a loud growl as the two boys that once stood beside him began trembling with rage in following their pack members commands.

"Guys don't!" Seth yelled but instantly two more wolves now stood where the boys once were. One a chocolate brown colored fur and the other grey with black spots.

 One a chocolate brown colored fur and the other grey with black spots

Seth hurried in front of Elizabeth. "Jake?" Seth frantically looked to Jacob who only looked torn unsure what to do with his pack at the situation.

The wolves all at once began charging in their direction. Eyes locked on their target, the brunette girl who stood behind Seth.

Seth stood his ground before the rage took over and before he knew it he was transformed to his sandy colored wolf form charging back at them tackling Quil to the ground and being fought off by Embry only for Paul to get in the middle.

This frenzy finally sent Jacob into action in attempts to separate the fight his pack was in. Elizabeth stared in horror at the sight in front of her. Although she was scared and filled with mixed emotions, she knew she had to help Seth. She couldn't leave him. Even if he wasn't quite who she thought he was.

Elizabeth took a deep breath before stepping out to the field of gigantic wolves attacking one another. "Hey!" She yelled getting their attention.

Paul was the first to react by immediately charging for her direction. This caused Seth to be free of Quil's grip and tackled Paul hard to the ground. Embry took the opportunity to lunge for Elizabeth in the open field.

Elizabeth only stared at the large wolf sprinting at her feeling a wave of powerfulness wash over her. She only shook her head at him as he got closer.

She lifted her hand forming a glow of red energy, the red energy wrapped around the wolf's body, she then swiftly flung his body far to the side sending him crashing hard to the ground.

Elizabeth looked down at the both of her hands seeing the red powers glow from them. She got closer to the wolves now using her abilities to pry the wolves away from Seth, also sending them to fall hard to the ground. This seemed to cause Jacob to feel protective over his pack, to now target the source of danger himself.

Elizabeth was sending blasts of red energy to the wolves that attempted to reach her again, causing her to be oblivious of the russet colored wolf approaching behind her. He effortlessly knocked her meters away as she landed to the ground with a thud hitting her head again.

She looked up from the ground to see them yet again growling and running in her direction. She grunted in pain pushing herself off the ground. Elizabeth had quite enough of the chaos, she felt the power within her become stronger and propelled herself high into the air.

"Enough!" She yelled sending a blast of red energy across the field then holding all five of the wolves mid air as she panted.

The wolves let out shrieks of pain, she looked to realize she was holding Seth as well before quickly releasing him softly to the ground. She released the other wolves harshly letting them fall down hard.

"I'm sorry," She whispered as she looked to the sandy colored wolf who looked up to her from the ground.

Elizabeth propelled herself higher into the air before using her powers to glide through the air away.

~~~