XIII. Something Normal

"What did she do?" Esme asked concerned as each of the Cullens remained confused as to what had just happened a moment ago.

Edward hated not knowing where she had gone. He worried for her, wanting to find her desperately. "I'm not sure. Her abilities range far past our knowledge, even her own..."

"Wait, I can see her," Alice spoke.

Each of them turned to Alice seeing her focusing on a vision. Edward read her thoughts and had never seen anything more clear. Elizabeth was in front of the bathroom mirror in her apartment. She looked at herself for a moment before taking a deep breath and proceeding to grab her bag from her bedroom and walk out of her apartment. Alice's vision was once again blocked by red mist.

Alice gasped. "It's like, I can see past the block in her mind when she uses her abilities. Almost as if it weakens the shield of itself."

"I think I can reach her before she leaves." Edward said determined to get to her.

"Edward, you heard what she said. She needs to be alone for now." Alice spoke to her brother. "It's a lot to take in,"

Edward didn't listen to her as he kept walking until Emmet spoke up as well. "She's right, Edward."

Edward turned to them as Alice spoke again

Edward turned to them as Alice spoke again. "She'll be okay, Edward. I've been keeping watch of everything believe me. It won't hurt her to be alone for awhile. She needs some time."

"The blind spots, Alice," Edward looked at her as he spoke. "You can't see past the blind spots in your visions. And what does that risk? Forgive me for not being so trusting with such unreliable sources." Edward spoke harshly before grabbing his coat and fleeing their home and quickly getting in his Volvo before speeding off.

He didn't mean to be so cold, and they knew that. Even Edward himself knew she needed to be left alone for now. He just needed to see her, to watch her, to reassure himself that she was okay, out of harms way. It was what would calm him.

~~~

Elizabeth set her hairbrush down on the bathroom counter. She sighed looking at herself in the mirror. Although she did not want to admit it, she was scared. Scared of the ones coming after her. For now all she wanted to do was what she did best when she was scared, which was avoid it.

It was odd for her to think of a new thing she was capable of. Teleporting herself when necessary would be interesting to say the least. There were moments where her abilities frightened her. She found peace in just doing ordinary daily things such as walking to her work which she was just about to do.

She'd grabbed her bag and made her way out of the small apartment building, picking up her pace as she remembered how late she was. Of course this was a moment she could use her abilities to effortlessly transport herself to work but her stubbornness always got the best of her.