XXV. Exist to Fight

"Liz!" Seth smiled wide as he ran to greet Elizabeth

"Liz!" Seth smiled wide as he ran to greet Elizabeth. She grinned back at him as he effortlessly swept her off her feet into a big hug. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Dude was afraid we scared you into hiding." Quil laughed alongside Embry.

Seth rolled his eyes turning to face them after setting Elizabeth back down on her feet, "Can you guys go bug Emily or something?"

"Actually," Elizabeth spoke. "I needed to speak to all of you."

Seth furrowed his brows in confusion as she glanced at Jacob who sent her a nod. Paul approached the scene now as well. Before he could speak another voice interrupted him.

"Guys why don't you head inside. There's a storm on the way." A female voice sounded causing Elizabeth to meet the girl's gaze.

She was a beautiful young woman. Her shiny black hair fell down her back against her satiny copper skin. Elizabeth's eyes glanced over the three long scars on the right side of her face, from her hairline to her chin, extending down her right arm and to her hand.

"You really think we're worried about a little rain?" Embry scoffed at her crossing his arms.

The girl crossed her arms as well. "Oh, well then I guess I'll just take these muffins to the neighbors. Wouldn't want them to go to waste."

She shrugged before taking a step back inside, just as each of the boys suddenly ran into the house causing her to smirk.

Seth stayed behind, as did Elizabeth. "Hey, I'm really sorry about everything that went down that day." Seth spoke shoving his hands into his pockets.

Elizabeth was quick to shake her head. "Don't be. We both clearly had things we were hiding. We were bound to find out one way or another."

"I guess." The boy shrugged.

"Seth, you coming? So you can finally introduce your girlfriend to me." The girl shouted towards them sending him a cheeky grin.

Heat rushed to his cheeks as he scratched the back of his head. "We're just friends, Em."

Elizabeth held back a smile as she watched the boy in his awkward state.

He cleared his throat. "After you," He held his arm out gesturing for her to walk ahead of him.

"Thank you."

She proceeded towards the small home, Seth trailing behind her until the sudden warmth of the cozy home's environment surrounded her.

The crackling of the fireplace filling her ears, the sweet scent of blueberry muffins filling her nose, the commotion of laughter and bonding at the dinner table that was filled with hungry boys. Each of them not hesitating to stuff their faces with the fresh baked goods.