XVII. Runes

The morning sunlight peaked through the grey clouds in the sky

The morning sunlight peaked through the grey clouds in the sky. Sending small rays of sunlight through the glass windows causing Elizabeth to scrunch her face at the brightness. She turned over in the twisted bedsheets rubbing her eyes before letting out a yawn. Her arm hit the bed beside her to reveal it to be empty.

She looked to see she was alone now until her eyes traced down to a piece of paper neatly placed on the pillow. Her fingers carefully reached for the cream colored paper with black ink writing along it.

Elizabeth,

I've gone hunting with my family. Esme, Rosalie, & Emmet are there with you. There's a fresh set of clothing Alice left for you if you'd like to freshen up. I'll be back soon.

~ E.

She sighed setting down the note before reaching for her jacket and pulling out her cell phone. Guilt washed over her at the seven missed calls and three messages left by Seth filled with apologies and pleads for them to speak.

Elizabeth only shut her phone off before placing it into the drawer of the nightstand, listening to Edwards words. She was currently off work for the next two days. Her eyes glazed as she sat lost in thought. Wondering if it really was best to stay here while she was supposedly being hunted. They claimed she was safe with them but she couldn't help but think the worst.

Her attention fell to a neatly folded pair of clothes on a chair beside the bedroom door. A shower, Elizabeth thought would help clear her mind a bit. Taking the clothes she made her way to the nearest restroom she remembered when Edward had shown her around the home.

The hot water poured down Elizabeth's hair and down her back. She closed her eyes letting the warmth of it relax her body. There were bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and body wash set along the shower's ledge. The bottles seemed untouched, she wondered if they were bought specifically for her.

After her shower, and drying her hair as much as she could Elizabeth made her way downstairs to the smell of bacon and eggs filling the air. She turned the corner to the kitchen to reveal Esme and Emmet scurrying past each other plates and kitchen utensils in hand.

Esme noticed her presence right away. "Good morning Elizabeth, I hope you slept well," Her smile brightened the room. "We're making breakfast for you, I do hope you like omelets,"

"Morning little witch," Emmet waved his spatula at her while he stood cooking some bacon.