IV. Carver Café

Elizabeth's eyes glowed like a child's as she stared out the car's window. The evergreen forest went on for miles. Although the clouds hovered above them leaving no daylight, the green was majestic and mesmerizing. She was used to the city parts of her new home. She couldn't believe what she was missing out on.

"Extraordinary isn't it?" Edward's voice spoke beside Elizabeth. They'd been driving for a bit just in peaceful silence as Elizabeth was deep in her own thoughts, while Edward desperately tried to read anything from her.

"I've never seen anything like it" She spoke softly leaning her arm against the window. Edward smiled to himself, it amused him to see her in awe at the sights he sees everyday.

"Is there anything in particular you'd like to see or do?" Edward glanced over at her as he spoke.

"Well , a lot of customers talk about La Push beach, oh and exploring these forests and hiking would be amazing," Elizabeth stopped speaking when she noticed her head had begun to hurt.

Edward became tense at the thought of her going near La Push. Near those shapeshifters. He shook those thoughts away, "Would I be able to interest in you in some food first?" He said in hopes to get La Push off her agenda.

Elizabeth realized she hadn't eaten at all today. Most likely the cause to her headache. "That sounds great, actually" she smiled.

~

They had ended up at The Caver Café

They had ended up at The Caver Café. Elizabeth was just about finished with her meal as Edward insisted he already ate before hand. They spoke about small things, day to day life and such.

Edward rose from his seat to pay for her meal at the register. Elizabeth wasn't sure how to feel. She could tell he was very kind. She couldn't help but blush any time she'd meet his eyes, the way he spoke melted her. But she knew there was something else about him. Just the way he stares at her when he thinks she's not looking. Like he's trying to burn a hole through her head.

Elizabeth was pulled out of her thoughts by a buzzing in her pocket. She pulled out her phone to the caller ID of her boss. She mentally groaned, what could he possibly want now?

She quickly stood up and glanced to Edward motioning that she was taking her call outside. She didn't know if he saw her but she walked out anyway. She pressed the phone to her ear to reveal her boss being frustrated to a missing key to the back door.

Elizabeth sighed in frustration, she hung up as the situation was resolved. Elizabeth had paced back and fourth on her call and found herself near the side alley of the building. It was sunset now, if you could even see the sun, which caused the sky to be even darker already.

A child's laughter filled the air, Elizabeth's head snapped towards the direction of the noise. A little boy and girl about 7 years old or so, walked hand in hand along with their parents each holding their other free hand. The family was bundled with their coats walking out of the café beside them. The children's laughter filled the air once more as Elizabeth felt her heart stop.