X. Nightmare

In one quick movement faster than Elizabeth could even blink, Edward swiftly swept her onto his back and sped out the open glass French doors of his bedroom that led to the greenery of the forest around their home.

Elizabeth held on tight while he leaped them from tree to tree at a speedy pace. Stopping once they reached one of the tallest of pine trees. She released her grip from him climbing onto the tree herself, standing on a wide sturdy branch.

Although it was quite dark out now, she was breathless at the view before her. The greenery of trees went on for miles. Almost resembling a painting with the glittering stars above.

Elizabeth turned back to meet his gaze. He smiled softly at her. She sent him one in return before propelling herself high into the air above the pine tree.

She took in a deep breath closing her eyes for a moment. Elizabeth never felt more herself in so long. Using her powers never felt so apart of her. She felt stronger with them. She no longer wanted to be ashamed of them and shun them away unless necessary.

Slowly, she lowered herself back down to the pine tree. Landing behind him on the branch he stood on, and wrapping her arms around him from behind. "The view is breathtaking." She spoke softly. Elizabeth seemed to forget about her problems when she was with him. Only lived in the moment each time.

Edward reached to grab one of her hands that latched onto him. He had been debating bringing up a specific subject to discuss with her. A certain subject that had to do with who was after her and informing her all that they know of. But he also wanted to enjoy this peaceful moments they shared. He wanted not to worry her.

He traced circles with his thumb on the back of her hand. Turning to face her, he spoke. "I've never met anyone more extraordinary in all my existence." He held her other hand now as well gently bringing the back of her hand to his lips, placing a soft kiss.

Elizabeth tried her hardest to hide the rosy blush that crept to her cheeks. "I think I can say the same for you." She spoke in almost a whisper, bringing her gaze back to his.

~~~

Edward dropped Elizabeth off at her small home. Elizabeth wished the night never had to come to an end, she didn't want to leave his side. And neither did he.

After unlocking her apartment door and tossing her keys on the counter she got herself ready for bed right away, as she had to get back to work tomorrow morning. She slowly drifted to sleep hoping for a dreamless night.

Although she did not dream, she had nightmares.

"Elizabeth

"Elizabeth....?" A voice echoed in the dark. A familiar voice. "Elizabeth?" The voice spoke again. She turned still revealing nothing but darkness. "I'm here." She spun around quickly to reveal a figure a few feet away from her. "why did you leave me?..." the voice whispered. She stepped closer and closer until the figure now came into view. He wore a black cloak, the hood covering his face. "What?" Elizabeth spoke. He lifted his head revealing his face now speaking again. "Why did you leave me, Elizabeth?" Evan spoke. A gasp escaped her lips bringing a hand to her stomach as she cowered back. "No...." She cried. "This isn't real..." She felt herself hysterically crying looking at his face as he stared back at her. His face held no expression. "You left me. You left me to die." He spoke harshly now. "I'm sorry..." she cried falling to her knees. "I'm sorry.... I'm sorry.." the black fog appeared from his hands surrounding her. "Save me." He spoke, his eyes black. Elizabeth attempted to stand up but her limbs grew numb. Each failing one by one until she was fallen on the floor. "Join me, young Elizabeth..." -

Elizabeth's eyes shot open, sweat dripped down her forehead as she was woken from her slumber. She clutched the pillow she held tightly against her body. Her heart ached at the nightmare she just endured. She did not sleep the remaining hours of the night.

Once the sky was at dawn, Elizabeth had decided on getting an early morning run in to ease her tension and stress. She laced her running shoes and zipped up her jacket before grabbing her headphones and heading out her door.

She planned to run all the way to La Push beach so she could continue her jog there once she arrived. Sticking her headphones in she played the music that calmed her most. It only took a bit over 30 minutes before she arrived to the beach. She panted out of breath leaning against a wooden fence focusing on catching her breath.

The sun was risen now, quite a few people seemed to already be scattered upon the beach mostly consisting of surfers or other joggers. Her music still played in her ears when a muffled voice came from behind her.

Yanking the headphones out, she turned to see who had spoken and recognized a familiar face. Seth stood just a few feet away, long hair tied back wearing only a pair of board shorts.

"Heads up!" He tossed her a water bottle he held.

She caught it sending him a small smile. "Are all our interactions going to involve an object being thrown at me?" She laughed.

"I hope not," He laughed as well. "but it's nice to see you again. How've you been?" He asked smiling and taking a few steps closer.

He also carried a surfboard with him she noticed. "Pretty great actually, a lot of new things I never expected." She smiled taking a sip of the water.

"That's awesome" His smile never left his face.

"You don't get cold in that water without a wetsuit?" She asked staring out to the grey waves that crashed ashore.

Seth seemed to hold back a laugh at this. "Uh, not really." He scratched the back of his head. "The cold doesn't really phase me."

She just nodded.

"Hey uh, were you still up to hang out sometime?" He asked changing the subject.

She nodded "That would be lovely, how about today actually? I'm off work at 2"

Seth seemed to beam at this. "Great, I can pick you up if that's cool?"

"That would be perfect, I haven't gotten around to getting myself a car of my own." She slightly laughed.

"Oh I'm sure we can help you out with something. The guys and I are always fixing up old cars and stuff." He boasted.

Just as she was about to speak again, another voice yelled from afar.

"Seth, hurry up!"

A group of four boys who resembled Seth also carrying surfboards and wearing only boardshorts stood at the bed of a truck looking towards their direction. It was hard for Elizabeth to tell, but a couple of them seemed to have glares on their faces. Seth turned to look at them annoyed.

He looked back at Elizabeth. "I guess I better go." He sighed.

"Oh, I should get back home and get ready for work anyways. I can give you my number so I can send you my work address later" She suggested.

"Yeah, yeah" He reached into his pocket handing her his phone.

She handed back his phone after putting her information in. "Great, so I'll see you later then" She smiled sending him a wave goodbye, watching him jog over to his friends.

~~~