II. "That Witch"

She stopped once again in her tracks and took in her surroundings. Not a single sign of a person in the area. Her eyes landed on a vehicle. It was silver and parked across the street from where she stood. She tilted her head noticing an outline of a person in the silver vehicle. But before she could look any further she saw nothing, just as if she had imagined it. She shook her head and pursued her walk home.

That was too close. He thought. He sat up in the seat of his silver Volvo and placed his hands on the steering wheel. His bronze eyes were in deep thought as he took in the situation he had just witnessed. He was there to watch her.

His sister, Alice, had seen a vision through her gift which he and many others like him had. Her vision saw Elizabeth coming. They did not know whether she'd be a threat to them. In the vision she saw her with glowing red eyes, a black cloak, immense power between her hands all while she hovered above them all as they cowered in fear.

He wanted to find her on his own. To protect his family at all costs if needed. But what he saw was nothing like Alice's vision. Of course he saw her capabilities but he also saw a girl. He could see inside her mind. Only partly, but from what he gathered she had a lot of pain within her and regret that ached inside her. Innocence was also what he saw in her.

When he heard the repulsive thoughts of the men harassing her, it took everything in him not to rip their heads off. It was just before he almost slipped that he saw her and was mesmerized. It was nothing like he'd ever seen. The glow in her eyes and hands, the power in her voice.

Edward knew he wanted to know more about her. Her name, why she was here, everything. It drove him crazy that most of her mind was blocked.

He went to turn the ignition when instead he opened the door to his car and got out. He couldn't help himself. He knew he'd be thinking about her all night. He followed her scent down the blocks which led to her apartment. Her scent appealed to him, but not in the way humans do. She was a scent that brought comfort to him.

He glanced up the rundown building appearing of red bricks and fire escapes along the front. Each of the windows were dark except one. He quickly fled behind a wall as he saw her appear and close the curtains to her window.

After a few moments had gone by, he took his chance and swiftly climbed up the fire escape that led to her window. Her curtains were sheer enough for him to see through them. She was already asleep in her bed across the room.

Edward's thoughts were occupied with finding ways of introducing himself to her somehow. One of these days he had to make it happen. He felt calm as he saw her sleep. Her mind was fully blocked now. Almost as if it were a self defense while she slept. He wanted to know her dreams. He hoped one day she could tell him herself.

~~~

"Edward do you have any idea how worried you had us?" Edwards adoptive mother, Esme spoke with concern.

"I saw you just within a few feet away from that witch" Alice now spoke regarding another vision she had. She ran a hand through her dark, pixie like hair.

She saw her vision and instantly got worried and informed the rest of their family

She saw her vision and instantly got worried and informed the rest of their family. They were deciding whether or not to all go and find him or Alice had insisted to go on her own as it would be to dangerous to risk them all going.

"It was fine." Edward insisted that they stop pestering him. "I saw what she really is. And it's not what you all think. You're wrong about her."

He and his family all stood gathered in their sitting room. His blonde sister Rosalie was the one to speak now. "What she really is? What more could there be to a witch?" she said through her teeth.

"Rose, I believe we should give Edward a chance to explain to us what exactly he saw." Edward's adoptive father Carlisle defended his son. Rosalie huffed and with that she left the room.

"This should be good." Emmet, one of Edward's brothers said to himself. Edward's other brother, Jasper sat quietly next to Alice. Only observing the situation.

Edward informed his family on everything. Everything he saw and all of his thoughts. How he could partially read her mind. How he felt there was more to her. That she can't be the one from Alice's vision. She was too pure.

Edward had gotten majority of his family to see eye to eye with him. Yet they still hesitated as they'd hope to know more before they fully trust in him and this... girl.

~~~