eight

It was midnight and you couldn’t sleep until now, so you decided to go down stairs and drink a galss of water.

You reached the kitchen and made yourself your water to drink it afterwards.
"What are you doing here?" A voice said behind you which made you flinch and you cough on your water.
You turned around to see Tom standing there which just a sweatpants on.

"I could ask you the same thing." You said as you calmed down from your fright.

"Couldn’t sleep." Tom responded with a shruggle of his shoulders and leand against the kitchen counter.
"Same by me." You told him after finishing your water.

There was a akward silence between you two but you broke it as you started walking out of the kitchen again.
"Night Tom." You said but he quickly grabbed your arm and pulled you against his naked chest.

"Did you mean what you said?" He whispered as if he is afraid of the awnser but you didn’t knew what he meant.

"What do you mean?" You asked him, he sighed and looked between the smal gab of your bodys.
"That you want to try it again...with me." He said with a soft voice and his beautiful eyes which are coming up to yours again, waiting for your awnser.

You swallow a little hard but you hoped that Tom didn't heard it.
"Well Yeah, but slow. I don't want it to end like when we were seventeen and nineteen. You know." You explained and you mean it. You want to try it again with Tom but just slow and definitely after he knows the truth about why you went to him that evening.

His lips formed into a slight smile, just hoe you used to see it in the past. This lovely cute smile of his, how his eyes light up every time he let you see this side of him. It just makes your heart jump up and down.

You shared the smile from him as you both look into the each others eyes. It is a peacful moment, a moment you have been waiting for to happen again. And now it is here again.

-

In the morning you all sat at the table, like a little family. Even if it is still a little bit away from that, it feels like it. And it feels right.
You didn't really said much at the table but it wasn't akward it was a peaceful silence,  just like last night as you and Tom had this little moment again.

Aurora and Natalia walked up the stairs again to play with dolls or something like that, while you clean up the table. Even though Marie told you to leave it but you feel Bad if she does all the work and you just eat and do nothing for her.

At the end Marie let you help with a shake of her head but still with this kind smile on her lips. She knows that you are stubborn so she gave up at one point and just let you do what you needed to do.

Marie doesn't want to admit it but she likes all the Company she can get. With you all day at work there are not much people in the mansion she knows so good. Well of course there is Natalia and some of the guards who chat with her here and than, but you are like a daughter to her so she is glad about the time you can spend together even if it is not much.

Tom on the other hand wanted to help you too but he got demanded to sit down, from you. He doesn't want to listen to you when other people are around he don't know or his guards because he is afraid that they think that he is weak. But if you are alone and with people he trusts, he would clean the house if it is necessary. And also he knows that argue with you is hopeless even if some time has past, he knows you.

The door bell rang and your eye brows frowned at it. You wasn't expecting anyone and it is really rare that a random person is ringing coincidentally at a mafia boss' mansion. Especially not at the don's house from all mafia's.

You made your way to the door and checked the camara to see a family face, your uncle.

You opend the door with a smile on your face.
"Hello my caro." He said with a smile on his face just as yours.
(Dear)

He hugged you before coming in.
"Thomas, wish I could say I'm glad to see you." Your uncle, Lorenzo, said.
You could see that his jaw is tighter than usual, so you quickly came up to both of them and pushed Lorenzo a little away from Tom.

"Please be kind to him. I'll explain everything later. Please" you begged him with a quiet voice. After some seconds, he sighed and nodded his head slightly as a 'yes'. With that he walked around you and held his hand out to Tom

"Nice to meet you again Thomas." He said, it suprised you a little bit even more as you saw a tiny smile on his lips torwards Tom.
"Nice to meet you again too, Mr.Valentini." Tom responded politely while shaking his hand.

Your uncle is one of the most important poeple in your life. He was there for you,  always. When ever you needed him, he would be there and helps you with everything he could. He was always protectiv about you but it got even more when you cried your eyes out by him becasue of what Tom did that evening. He also knows that Natalia is Tom's daughter and that Tom doesn't know about it.
He still isn't really over the fact that Tom got you pragnant at the age of seventeen but he couldn't change it at that point in time anyway.

It was a little tensed mood in the room as you all three sat on the couch, Natalia and Aurora also came down and greeted Lorenzo, but they got up again because it probably was to boring for them down with you three adults.

You wanted to clear things that your uncle is getting more relaxed again, along with Tom.
"Hey Tom could you bring me a folder out of my office? It is in the first drawer on the right side." You asked him on what he nodded his head with a smile on his face and made his way up the stairs. Leaving you and your uncle on the Sofa.

"Okay so, I let Tom explain what happend that night. And I belive him, I really do." You explained your uncle the situation.

"But that doesn't explain why he is here." He said sternly and some sort of anger but also fear, fear that you break down again. You get him but it is your choice after all, Lorenzo is a big part of your life but this is only your decision to make not anyone else.

"He is here because Aurora, you know his daughter, wanted to make a sleepover with Natalia again and I can't just say no to them...." you said but mumbled the little part you added
"....and I want to try it with Tom again."

Lorenzo looked at you immediately with frowned brows
"What? He broke your heart after getting you pregnant and you want him back!?" He started to yell a little but not to much. You sighed and looked down to your hands.

"Yes I want him back. But we are going slowly. It's not like we are together or kissed already. It is my decision not yours." You justify yourself. Which made him sigh.
He didn't want to yell at you for it and you know it but sometimes he just wants to make your decision, which he is not supposed to even if he just want to be protective. But sometimes it gets to far.

-

Meanwhile this, Tom is getting this folder you wanted him to get. He is walking up the stairs and down the floor to your Office, after all he still knows where it is. On his way to the office, he met some of your guards but they know him from the past of course, so it wasn't that akward for him to just walk through the building.

He came to the door and opend it to close it ahain after he walked in.
He noticed that it still looks like the same, everything looked like the same in the mansion, exept that there are no things from him anymore. But this is understandable.

He got to your desk and opend the first left drawer, there it was, the folder you wanted him to get. Just as he wanted to close the drawer again he noticed a sheet of paper and opend it completely again.
He put the folder down and grabbed the paper to read it.

First he didn't get what it was, because he first read his name before revealing the rest that was covered with his hand.
His brows frowned.
His lips parted, but just a little.
His eyes went wider than normal.
His eyes filled with tears.

But than the door brust open which made his head go up.

Author:
The next chapter. This part is short well not short but it is not really much, I'm sorry about that. But never less I hope you like it and enjoyed reading.