moving out

A/N so technically this is a spin off my series "peace" but it can be read as a stand-alone too if you're just interested in reading a book about Taylor swift and joe Alwyn's daughter. I hope you enjoy your reading experience and leave me a comment and a star letting me know if you're liking it or not. 

**saturday September 3rd – 2039**

-ellies pov- 

"Ellie how are you getting on?" my mom says and come into my childhood bedroom. Today we are doing the last of the packing because on Monday I start college. "I think I'm doing alright mom" I say and close the last suitcase. 

Now my bedroom that I've spent the last 18, almost 19 years in is a shell of my childhood. There is still a lot of my stuff here, but most of it is going with me to my apartment. The apartment my mom bought when she was 19 years old down on music room in Nashville. It's the perfect place for me because it's safe and its right next to the college campus so it's easy to get to school. 

"it's so sad to see your bedroom so empty my little munchkin" my mom says, and I can tell she is almost in tears "Mom don't cry. I will always be your little munchkin and I'm not going far away" I tell her and go in for a big hug. 

"Ellie, are you leaving now?" my youngest sister Mackenzie says as she comes towards us. On Monday she is starting freshman year of high school which is so exiting. "Yeah. We are going to go over there and meeting dad who is finishing things up" I tell her and give her a big hug. That girl has been through a lot in her life, but she is doing well now. Her cancer hasn't come back and at this point we are waiting the designated amount of time until they can declare her cancer free. 

I would say goodbye to aurora too, but she is at the gym like always. She is an elite gymnast and went to words this summer, she actually places 2nd which is really good. Her determination to be the best she can be is really inspiring to me.

I used to be on my way to become a professional dancer, but I put that on the shelf a few years ago when I got shot. Everything changed for me at that point, I always thought that it was the right thing for me to go into a professional dance company, but now I know that it's just not the right thing for me. I love to dance, that's why I'm a dance minor, but my main focus is getting into law school. That's why I am a criminal law major. 

"Did aunty Blake call yet? Did they arrive?" I ask my mom. Betty Reynolds is going to be going to college here with me and we are going to be living together in my parents' apartment. She is so bored of new York and wanted to get away. Not to mention that if she moved away, she wouldn't have to deal with security the same way she needs to now. Her parents wanted her to stay in new York and go to NYU or Columba, but betty wanted to get a taste of freedom just like me. Me on the other hand, I'm not ready to move far away so downtown is the perfect step for me. 

"No they didn't, but I'm sure that they are getting close. They texted me an hour ago and told me they were getting close" my mom says. They drove from new york because betty wanted to bring her car. At home she doesn't really need to use that much because she isn't really allowed to drive in the city, so she is excited to actually get to use it more now. All the Reynolds kids went to private school in the city, so moving here is a big change for betty. 

I've always been close with James, Inez and betty because our parents are so close. Even though they have always lived in new york and us in Nashville we have been able to connect our whole lives. They are all family too us. 

It's going to be nice to have someone to live with though because it can get lonely in that big apartment all on my own. She is one of my best friends so I hope we can keep each other company and focused on our work. Betty is set on med school, and that's a lot of work so she gets that I need to work a lot too. Getting into law school isn't easy, especially when you want to go to Harvard or yale, so I need to get my act together and focus.