bridal shower

** Sunday June 2th - 2041 ** 11 months old **

I'm currently trying to get ready for my bridal shower, but that's not easy with an 11-month-old crawling around our bedroom. She is so fast now and walks if she holds onto something, like walking sideways along the coffee table. We figure that she is really close to independently walking which is exiting. According to our doctor she is ahead of the developmental milestones that they look for.

«Mama» she says and crawl over to me

«Mama» she says and crawl over to me. She can now say mama and dada, not perfectly but pretty good. She doesn't actually say words obviously, but mama, dada, and other sounds strung together. But I love it when she says mama, it makes me feel all the feels. She also says this thing if we scold her for getting into something she shouldn't, she says «uh-oh» which almost makes me laugh but can't because it could encourage bad behavior.

«Thats so good Emilia, I'm mama» I say and caress her head and hand her a toy before I continue doing my makeup.

«I'm back» Alex says as he comes into the bedroom «dada» she says and crawl over to him. «Dada went and got you something special. Grandma got you something you were supposed to get for your first birthday, but she heard how good you are at almost walking, so she got you a push toy» he tells her, but I don't actually think he knows what he is talking about. I was just sending mom a video yesterday of her walking along the coffee table, and she told us to come get that so she could work even more on walking.

«Wow baby you look beautiful» he says as he looks over at me and I blush «is this a tease at to what your dress is going to be like» he says and come over and lay his hands on my hips. he has been trying to get hints about my dress ever since I first picked it out, but I've stayed tight lipped. Its currently stored at Meghan and her fiancé jack's house. Oh, and Meghan is also pregnant with their first child that's due in December which is exiting.

«Nice try babe, but you're not getting any hits until the day off. Which is only two months away might I add» I say and gently peck his lips.

I'm already finished getting ready, so I take Emilies hands in mine, stand behind her and let her toddle her way into the living room. She loves it when we let her do that because she gets to practice those walking skills. Of course her learning to stand up and toddle has caused sleep regression as she would rather practice that then sleep. But according to my mom and my distressed call to the pediatrician its completely normal. Sleep regression is a sign she is working in a new important skill, so im trying to view it as that.

**

I arrive at my mom's house where we are having the bridal shower which Betty has organized as she is my maid of honor. all I know is that it's going to be in the backyard, I don't even know who is coming.

«Hello, I'm here» I say as I walk into the house and hear muffled voices.

«The bride is here» Meghan and Betty yells as I come out into the backyard, and everyone gushes over me «hi» I say with a big smile on my face.