the baby is a.....

**monday March 12th – 2040** 20 weeks and two days pregnant **

-ellies pov-

"Stop moving I'm trying to sleep" I groan as I wake up from a flutter on my stomach but then my shot up and widen. My baby kicked; my little nugget kicked me for the first time. "Alex. Alex wake up" I push him, and he groans as he wakes up.

He wakes up too and look at me with tired eyes "Ellie its five am—wait did you say baby kicked" he says, and I nod as tears well up in my eyes. "Baby is getting strong" I say, and he wipes away my tears.

Now I'm halfway in my pregnancy and the bump is sticking out more every time I look. It's terrifying and exiting at the same time. The bigger the bump is the closer we are to meet the little prince or princess in my belly, but it also brings us closer to be responsible for a human being.

"How can I sit through my criminal and law procedure class or my aesthetics of dance class when I know that after school, we are going to the doctor to find out if it's a boy or girl" I say and pull up my shirt to rub my belly. Today is the 20-week scan, also known as the anatomy scan. It's a long appointment where they really study the baby to make sure things seem okay and they look at all the ligaments and organs.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to focus on my biology or aesthetics of dance class either. But good thing, we have that class together so we can sit next to one another" he says with a grin, and I roll my eyes. "You better save a seat for your baby mama" I say, and he kisses my belly.

"hi there little nugget. Today we are going to find out if you're a little prince or princess. But just know we love you regardless. Mommy and daddy love you so much and we are excited to meet you soon. We don't know that much about being parents so be patient with us please. And please be a good sleeper and love cuddles" he says and kiss everywhere he can reach on my belly while I laugh softly. He loves to talk to my belly, especially now that the bump is so defined. Anyone can see that I'm pregnant at this point, so I don't even try to hide it.

"you're already so wrapped around their finger and its adorable" I say and pull him up so I can kiss him. "well, a certain mommy has me wrapped around her finger too. So it's only fair that the baby gets the same treatment" he says and raise an eyebrow. He isn't wrong though, I certainly have him whipped, but he doesn't seem to mind. We are proud of the love we have for one another. There is nothing I wouldn't do for him, and there is nothing he wouldn't do for me.

We get dressed for the day and get breakfast going. "You know that we will have the name today too. Because we have already settled on a boy name and a girl name" he says and hand me my breakfast just as betty walks in. "does that mean I will know the name of my godchild?" she says.

I've already asked betty and Meghan to be the godmothers for the little nugget. I asked them last week and they both said yes. I was going to ask aurora and Kenzie, but my mom said that I should pick someone over the age of 18 so I did. Who knows, we might have more kids in the future, and they can get that tittle then.

"You will. We are excited to tell you all" I tell her as all three of us start to eat. Alex and I settled on names a week ago but haven't told anyone anything, we want it to be a surprise. Neither one of us really have a preference when it comes to gender, we just want the baby to be healthy and come join our lives.

**

"baby call me if you need anything. Or if our little nugget is giving you trouble alright" Alex says and kiss me softly as we stand where we go separate directions to get to our buildings. "I will be fine and nugget will be fine babe" I say.

We hear a huff from beside us "still knocked up I see. You're making a mistake Alex" Addison says. She was expelled from school for two weeks but was allowed back. I did file a police report from the incident but didn't press charges. She does know that if she pulls any of that crap again, I won't hesitate. She could have seriously hurt my baby. And god knows that I have good lawyers and a good relationship with the prosecutor.