all too well

**Monday September 5th – 2039**

-ellies pov-

As we approach the place where we can pick up our books that we have bought I see someone I don't want to see "oh no" I mumble. But it's too late, he has seen me too. Alex. and he is standing there with a girl close to him.

"what's wrong?" victor asks, and I bite my lip, this is awkward, but they are in the line we are going to so there is no avoiding it. "my ex-boyfriend" I mumble to him quietly, so everyone doesn't hear. Sadly, we are right behind him and the girl.

The girl turns to look at me because Alex keeps looking at me like he is in shock "oh my god. Aren't you Elliana Alwyn?" the girl says with wide eyes, and I nod "yeah. Hi"

"i'm Addison" she says and gives a nudge to Alex "she is Taylor swift and joe Alwyn's daughter" she tells him, and I want to laugh because Alex is well aware of who my parents are. Victor on the other hand is pretty confused. "Wait what?" he mumbles, and I shrug.

"Yeah. I am" I tell him quietly, but I want to avoid this topic. I did not want my first day to be about who my parents are, I was hoping to escape it but clearly, I can't.

"Hi Ellie" Alex finally talks to me, and I take a deep breath "hi Alex" I say but I can't force myself to smile at him and he seems nervous. We haven't seen each other since that awful day last year, the day when I went home completely broken and cried in my parents' arms for hours.

"Wait do you two know each other?" the girl Addison says, and Alex clears his throat "yeah we do. We have known each other for a few years. We went to the same high school" Alex says, and I want to roll my eyes. Brushing off dating as only knowing each other. Clearly what we had didn't mean the same to him, clearly the 350 days we spent together was easy for him to forget.

He was my first kiss, the person that caressed my body, the person I gave my virginity too and spent countless days and nights together. Hearing him just brush it off as someone who know one another makes me really sad. It's hard but I'm forcing myself to hold back the tears, I'm not going to cry in front of a bunch of people on my first day.

"how do you two know one another?" victor asks me the question I wanted to ask Alex, but I just couldn't get the words out. "we are dating" Addison says and I'm struggling to keep it together "casually" Alex corrects her. She turns around and caress his arm "for now at least silly" she says and I can't even look at Alex. She is not the type of girl I ever thought he would be with. But I guess I didn't really know him that well at all.

"How about you two?" Alex asks us and I can't get words out of my mouth. "We just met. We are in the same classes" victor says and thank God I didn't need to say anything. If it wasn't for the fact that I need to get my books I would walk away, I don't want to deal with this and I certainly don't want to deal with the person I used to date and his new casual dating situation.

Does she touch him like I did? Does he touch her like I did? Do they whisper loving words under the covers at night?

My phone goes off and it's my mom, so I check the text she sent me. "it's my mom" I mumble

Mom- hi sweetie. Happy first day of school! You're a big girl now munchkin. Call me when you're done at school and tell me all about it. I love you. Daddy says hi too

Ellie- hi. Thanks. Call you later. Love you too. Say hi to dad

"Say hi to your mom from me" Alex says and I roll my eyes "yeah, I won't do that. She isn't interested in hearing from you" I say quietly but I don't know if anyone heard me. But I think victor did because he is trying hard not to laugh.