doctors appointment

**Tuesday november 20th – 2039**

-ellies pov- 

I get to the eating disorder unit and head up there. My appointment is in five minutes so I'm just on time. There are lots of things that could be wrong, I have no idea what's up with the tests. They checked for so much that there is a million things that could be going on. Speculating is just going to drive me crazy so I'm going to try to forget about it. 

"Elliana Alwyn?" my doctor comes out and says, and I go into her office. "i'm nervous. What's going on" I ask her as we sit down. 

"Most of your blood tests came back in the range we would expect from someone in the initial phase of anorexia recovery. Your iron is low though, so we are going to increase your dose and if that doesn't work you need a iron transfusion" she starts, and I just keep listening. I don't understand how low iron is something that would need me to come in right away, so I have a feeling that something else is coming. 

"We tested your hormones to see if you were in the right range. Your hCG levels were significantly increased which tells us that you are in fact pregnant" she says and my jaw drops. Fuck. "But I'm on the pill. And I'm underweight" I argue. 

"Sometimes the pill fails. And it's not unheard of that underweight patients get pregnant. As long as you're ovulating it's a possibility and by the looks of it you ovulated around the time you had intercourse which resulted in a pregnancy" she says, and I feel like I'm going to be sick. 

I can feel the vomit coming up and I grab the trashcan next to me and throw up. She comes over and rub my back "it's okay Elliana. Can I call your ob-gyn? And she can hopefully fit you in today and take a look. You have a choice to make if you want to continue with the pregnancy or abort it. If you chose to continue, we will support you and make adjustments in your treatment accordingly" she says, and I lean back in my chair. 

It feels like my head is going to explode. There is a baby inside my uterus where there shouldn't be a baby. This was not planned; I don't know what to do. And what the fuck do I tell Alex? It's obviously his baby. Does he even want a baby? And I'm still in school, what do I do with a baby when I'm in classes? I'm going to be a lawyer but how do I have a baby while doing that. 

"I presume this wasn't planned?" she asks as she sits down on her chair again. "No it certainly wasn't" I did not plan on getting pregnant anytime soon, but right now there is a baby inside of my uterus. 

Things go back in a blur as she calls my ob-gyn that I've had for a few years, Doctor Connor, who practices at the same place my mom has her gynecologist too. She is the one I have been going to since I started being sexually active.

"They can see you there at 12am for an appointment with your regular OB-gyn" she says as she gets off the phone again and I nod.

"do you want to talk about how you're feeling right now?" she asks but I don't know what to say other than that there is a baby in my stomach. Tears start to slide down my face and I wipe them away. 

"do you have someone else you can talk to? Your mother, your dad or your boyfriend maybe?" she asks, and I nod. We agree that I should text my mom and have her meet me in the parking lot, so I do that. 

Ellie- mom it's an emergency. Can you meet me in the parking lot of the ed clinic? 

I'm nervous as I hit send but thankfully, she responds quickly and says she will be there in ten minutes. I don't know what the right thing to do is. Do I tell Alex or do I tell my mom first? Are there even rules as to who I should tell when? I've never been pregnant so how should I know. But I know that I need my mom to hold me close right now, and I need her to tell me what the fuck I should do.