The retaking of Trost Part 1

Armin: (Narration) Year 850, Trost District. The sight of Eren Yeager activating his mysterious Titan power was nothing short of terrifying in the eyes of his fellow soldiers.

Scene change Within the walls of Trost. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are surrounded.

Eren: I-I'm human!

Armin: He is not the enemy of mankind!
Praying for the glory of mankind, I shall elaborate on his strategic worth with all the time I have left!

Kitz: Ugh...

Kitz is about to give the signal to attack Eren, Mikasa, and Armin with the cannons, but Pixis stops him.

Armin: (Narration) Forced to advocate their own innocence, Eren and his friends were eventually saved by Dot Pixis, the chief executive of the southern territories.

Pixis: I think it'd be best to hear what they have to say.

Scene change On the wall of Trost, overlooking the district. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin speak with Pixis.

Eren: I'll do it! I'm not sure whether I can or not, but I'll do it!

Pixis: Hmm. Well said. You're quite the man.
Staff officers, assemble! Prepare to strategize!

Armin: What? Seriously? Calling this plan "optimistic" would be an understatement. How can we just go ahead with it?

Eren: I agree with you... but it's pointless to question his decision. I'm sure Commander Pixis can see something we can't.

Armin: Something we can't see?

Eren: Besides, there's probably a fundamental issue to deal with before executing the plan.
I'm sure the Commander is fully cognizant of that.

Armin: Which means...

Eren: The Titans aren't our only enemies.

Armin: Huh?

Pixis: Time is of the essence. We have a role for you to fulfill, young soldiers.

Scene change Later in the day. The soldiers are gathered at the base of the wall to Trost, awaiting orders.

Soldiers: A plan to recapture Trost District?
You're kidding me! As if we have the technology to plug that hole in the gate.
What are the higher ups thinking?
Isn't entering Trost District just suicide?
But all we can do is defend Wall Rose's gate since the hole can't be sealed...
Damn! Are they that starved for glory?

Daz: To be forced back into that hell... Krr... No! I don't want to die! Let me see my family!

Marco: Hey, Daz! You're too loud!

Superior: You there! I heard that! Are you planning to abandon your duty?!

Daz: Yes, that's right! There's nothing to be gained from this mass suicide mission!

The garrison superior prepares to draw a blade from his 3DMG.

Superior: How dare you make a mockery of mankind and order. I'll have you know I have the authority to execute you on the spot!

Daz also prepares to draw a blade.

Daz: Fine by me. That would be a hundred times better than getting devoured by a Titan!

Marco: Stop, Daz!

Daz: Get off! Don't touch me! Krr!
I'm not going back there!

Soldiers: Hey, did you hear that? Given the situation, it's not surprising.

Soldier 1: Hey, I wonder if someone will rebel here, too.

Soldier 2: I also want to die on my own terms.