The Plan

In the past. Annie trains in martial arts with her father.

Annie: Ngh... Hah! Ngh...

Father: Looking good, Annie!

Annie: Urgh! Ngh... Haah... Ngh!

Father: That's my girl! What are you doing, Annie? No breaks!

Annie: Ngh!

In the present, within Wall Sina. Two men talk to each other.

Man 1: What? You hadn't heard? That Titan kid and the main leadership have been summoned to the capital. They'll be coming through town today.

Man 2: I see. Then I'm sure he'll end up dissected this time.

Man 1: Either way, I hope things work out and they seal the gate.

Wallist: Did you say seal the gate?

Man 1: Huh?

Wallist: You still insist on defiling the gods with human hands?!

Man 1: Ahh...!

Wallist: Maria! Rose! Sina! Defiling the three goddesses with human hands is unforgivable!

Man 2: Those people love the walls and worship them as gods. Stay away from them.

Man 3: Ah... I didn't realize any of them were still around.

Man 1: Damn it.

Wallist: Only the walls will protect us!

At the Stohess Military Police Headquarters. Annie walks downstairs to join the rest of the Military Police members.

Hitch: You finally woke up. You look so scary when you sleep, I couldn't wake you. Sorry, Annie.

Marlo: Lately, you've been too lax.

Hitch: What? Are you mad? Are you?

Marlo: Well, aren't you a friendly one?

Boris: Leave her alone. Annie's from Trost District, and she's the only one in this HQ who's been in a fight. She just came back from hell. It'll take her a while to recover.

Hitch: Oh? I get it... You like her. Haha... What's so great about her?

Boris: Haa... Hitch, there's only one way a moron like you makes it into the Military Police.

Hitch: What's that? I wouldn't know. Tell me.

Marlo: Stop it, you two!

Dennis walks past the Military Police members. They salute him.

Dennis: Don't bother. Today, we have a different task from the normal busywork. That's why I had all of you come here. It's about the Survey Corps group that's being summoned to the capital.
They'll be passing through the city's main street today. Escorting them is a Military Police HQ job, so we just need to handle them as they come through town. Temporary permission for in-city use of 3D Maneuver Gear has been granted. You will guard them in tandem with their own security. You'll travel by barge to the area where your mission will begin. That is all.

Marlo: May I ask something?

Dennis: Hmm? What?

Marlo: What are we protecting them from?

Dennis: Huh?

Marlo: I've never heard of anyone within the walls acting against the monarchy. There are minor criminals, but it's hard to imagine any real organization unless they were based outside the walls, and I can't imagine any possible motive.