The 57th expedition pt 2

Levi: Everyone, plug your ears.

Eren: Huh?

Levi shoots a round into the air.

In the forest of giant trees. Levi shoots a round into the air, which emits a loud ringing sound.

Oluo: Ngh...

Eren: A sound blast?

Levi: What are your jobs? Do they involve getting overwhelmed by fickle emotions? That shouldn't be the case. Our squad's duty is to keep this brat from getting a single scratch on him. Even if it costs us our lives.

Eren: (Thoughts) Huh? So it wasn't to watch me?

Levi: We'll continue to flee on horse. Got that?

Petra: Yes, sir!

Eren: Ah... Flee? To where exactly?! Besides, it's already right on our tails... Ah! Again?!

More soldiers arrive to fight the Female Titan.

Eren: Reinforcements! They'll get killed like the others if we don't help!

Gunther: Eren! Face forward!

Eren: Gunther!

Eld: Don't slow down! Keep going full speed!

Eren: Eld? Why?! If we, the Levi Squad, don't stop it, who's going to?!

Soldier: Urahhh!

A soldier tries to attack the Female Titan, but it smashes him into a tree.

Eren: Ahh... Another person died! We might've been able to save him! Ahh...

Another soldier moves around the Female Titan. As Eren was see the Female Titan kill people, he started to feel something inside him.

Eren: There's someone still fighting! If we go now, we can make it!

Petra: Eren! Face forward and keep going!

Eren: Are you telling me to turn a blind eye?! You want me to run, leaving a comrade to die?!

Petra: Yes, that's right! Obey the Lance Corporal's order!

Eren: I don't see why we have to abandon him! I don't get why you won't explain, either! Tell me why!

Oluo: It's because the Lance Corporal decided against it! You don't understand because you're still a newbie!

Eren: Ah...

Oluo: If you do, shut up and obey!

Eren: Ngh... Ah... (Thoughts) Wait...

Eren sheathes the blade of his 3DMG and holds his hand up to his mouth.

Eren: (Thoughts) I can fight, even alone, can't I?
(Thoughts) Why am I just relying on others? Couldn't I fight it on my own? I can turn into a titan or my ghost rider and kill it? Ngh...

Eren prepares to bite his hand.

Petra: What are you doing, Eren?!

Eren: Ah...

Petra: That should only be done when your life is in grave danger. Didn't you promise us that?

Eren: Ngh...

Eren prepares to bite down on his hand.

Petra: Eren!

Levi: You're not in the wrong.

Petra: Ah...

Eren: Ah...

Levi: Feel free to do it. It's clear to me. He's a true monster. And not because of his Titan abilities.
No matter how you try to hold him down, no matter what cage you lock him up in, forcing his mind into submission is an impossible task.