The 57th expedition pt 3

In the forest of giant trees. The Female Titan is trapped by the soldiers.

Eren: An Aberrant? Or is it like the Colossal Titan? Ah... Did Commander Erwin...

Oluo: Hey!

Eren: Ah...

Oluo: Snap out of it!

Petra: Eren!

Eren: Ah...

Petra: Think later! We need to get farther in and stand by!

Eren: Ah, right!

Levi's squad rides on. Levi draws a blade.

Erwin: Wait, Levi. An eye for an eye. Waves 2 and 3, fire!

The soldiers fire more hooks into the Female Titan.

Erwin: Fire the spare rounds!

On the perimeter of the forest of giant trees. Other soldiers stand guard on the trees, but Titans search below them. One Titan climbs up a tree.
Christa: Ah...

Titan: Mm... Mm...

Christa: Um, it's climbing up...

Nanaba: Yeah. If it gets this far, I'll move out of the way. But I don't think it will be long before they issue withdrawal orders.

Christa: Does that have something to do with the explosions we've been hearing from deep within the forest?

Nanaba: I don't know.

More explosions can be heard from the forest.

Sasha: Mikasa, what do you think that sound is? Are they firing cannons in the forest?

Reiner: (Thoughts) It didn't seem like they'd brought cannons, though.

Ymir: It's really loud back there. Hey, Bertholdt, do you know where Christa went?

Bertholdt: Sorry, I don't know.

Connie: (Thoughts) I have no idea what's going on. What am I doing and why? I want to go home.

Jean: We're going to shift position, Armin!

Armin: Okay!

Armin and Jean move from their trees as a Titan climbs their way.

Jean: They've started to figure it out. They seem to keep getting better and better at climbing.

Armin: That means, scary as it sounds, that they can learn. Although some are better than others, I'm sure.

Jean; Armin... Sounds like something is going on deeper in the forest. I think I have some idea what. They lured that Female Titan all the way here in order to capture it.

Armin: Ah...

Jean: More precisely... to capture whoever is inside of it. That was Commander Erwin's goal...

In the forest. Eren speaks with Levi's squad.

Eren: ... from the very start. Right? I can see why he wouldn't have told the new troops, but why wouldn't he tell you when you've all been with the Survey Corps for so long?

Oluo: Shut up!

Petra: Are you saying the commander and the lance corporal don't trust us?

Eren: Huh? No, but that's what this means!

Oluo: Ngh... Petra, rip out his teeth! Swap the front and back teeth when you shove 'em back in!

Eld: No, Eren's right.