Chapter 57

(Y/n)'s POV

Reki and I stood by the entrance, watching Langa leave with Ayaka. Ruka sneered at me, her eyes glaringly furious before she climbed into her ride. Azuto met my gaze, hard and unyielding. I smiled cheekily though the harshness never left my eyes, undoubtedly irking him.

Cherry walked over, peering at the four as their luxurious cars left the venue. I stole a glance towards the pink-haired male; however, Reki was wholeheartedly staring at him. He had donned suit trousers matched with a silk shirt that had the top few buttons undone to expose his upper chest.

"Are you going on a date after this or something?"
"I don't have time for dating. Your brother nagged me about 'looking presentable', though I was insulted he thought I didn't give much care to my attire. And no, I didn't pick out this outfit. Your brother did, with some help from Kojiro," Cherry replied.

A small giggle escaped me before both Reki and I were laughing. Cherry turned to leave, making us awkwardly run after him whilst doubling over in laughter. The way he had so carefully explained the situation, as if he despised the thought of wearing anything but his Japanese-style clothing or that questioning his style was even conceivable.

We managed to catch up, where we were both leaning against the fancy car to catch our breath. Cherry raised an eyebrow before I offered a half-hearted apologetic smile. He rolled his eyes, though I could tell he didn't mind from the small grin he tried to hide.

"You're both going home. Your parents asked. No arguing," he exclaimed.
"Yeah, okay, mum."
"Get in."

Reki snickered though he quickly concealed it with a cough. We were inside and moving along the streets in no time at all. I found myself leaning against Reki. He grabbed my hand, careful not to jostle my wrist too much.

Our fingers were intertwined. I felt comfortable, able to forget the worries plaguing my mind as we traversed the roads in silence. Cherry glanced at us from the rearview mirror, though his expression portrayed nothing.

~The next day~

A yawn escaped my mouth as I sat at the dining table, groggily eating my breakfast. Yuu was doing my hair, seeing as how I had woken up late. We had left that prom event a lot later than expected and the thought of going to school had completely flown out of my mind.

"All done. Now hurry up, you're gonna be late," he exclaimed.

I went to the camera on my phone, surprise filling my features as I admired my brother's handiwork. My hair was done in a loose braid, though it looked so elegant I wondered if he had used magic. He was already heading out the door, leaving me no choice but to chase after him.

We walked in peaceful silence, him pushing his bike along and me with my skateboard in hand. My wrists were better but I was trying not to strain them too much. I glanced at Yuu before he flashed a cheeky grin, so full of innocence and laughter that I wanted to pull him in for a tight hug and never let go again.

"Are you hanging out with Reki and Langa after school?" he asked.
"Yep, if they're up for it. Wanna tag along?"
"Nah, all good. I agreed to hang out with some friends."

After a while, I spotted Reki and Langa in the distance but before I could wave, a kid around Yuu's age with dark brown hair snickered at him. We were in front of his school now, and a group of kids were standing by the entrance.

"Need ya older sister to walk you to school? What a baby," teased the kid.
"Jealous that you don't have a sibling who actually cares for you?" Yuu retorted.
"W-what?! You're just a dumb boy who can't do anything except play around with weird trinkets all day. What would you know?"

My friends had jogged over, seeing as how we were caught up in this 'conversation' with the next victim on my 'to kill' list. Yuu glanced worriedly at me. I let my skateboard drop to the ground, smiling a dangerous smile.

"S-stop teasing me just because you don't like me. I don't care if people hate me but don't make a show of it in front of others," Yuu hurriedly replied.
"Huh?! Are you saying I'm some kind of attention seeker?! You-"

I grabbed the kid's arm before he could punch my brother. He winced, fearful tears gathering in his eyes as I tightened my grasp. His friends' gazes darted back and forth between us though they did nothing to help, afraid of the anger clearly visible on my face.

"What makes you think I'd just sit back and watch as some damn kid bullies my younger brother?"
"Let go! I'm gonna report you to the police!" he yelled.
"Go ahead. But if I hear even a rumour about you talking down on Yuu again, you're dead."

Reki gently took my other hand before I eventually let go of the kid. He levelled a glare towards Yuu and took his leave with his friends. Yuu awkwardly fiddled with his bike as I turned to look at him.

"How long has this been going on?"
"It doesn't matter. He won't bother me now that you've gone and threatened him," he stated quietly.
"You don't sound happy."
"Of course I'm not! Would you be happy if your whole school now views your sibling as a damn terrorist?! You're not, you're not...you're my sister. You're not..."

A lump formed in my throat. I struggled to get my words out. In the end, I pulled on a soft smile and wrapped him in my arms. He hugged me back just as tightly, burying his face against my clothes.

"Uhh for the record, I think you're legit cooler than any badass fighter I've ever seen in movies."

We looked up to see a blonde-haired boy with beautiful, maroon eyes standing a few metres away. He waved at Yuu. Behind him were three other guys, all standing up straighter when Reki, Langa, and I met their gazes. I offered a grin before they were all rushing over.

"That was so cool! You kicked his butt! I've never seen Takashi look so scared before!"
"Dude, look! Are you all skaters?"

I nodded towards Reki, who happily performed a kickflip for them. They all sported bright, lively smiles as my friends let the boys play on their boards. Yuu was soon laughing with them before I smiled a large, goofy smile that had him blushing in embarrassment.