Chapter 105

(Y/n)'s POV

Cherry, Joe and I were currently sitting on a couple of worn couches in my uncle's hideout. A few of his yakuza members were scattered about the area, more listening in than keeping guard.

"That woman's come for her revenge, huh..." Kenta exclaimed.
"I'm really sorry to have to ask you of this."
"(Y/n), you're family. We'd do this even if you didn't ask."
"You're damn right about that. No way am I letting that power-hungry witch bully our friends," added Jun.
"Are you guys sure about this?" Cherry asked, still hesitant about accepting their branch of hope.
"Ask that again and I'll personally string you myself," Kenta replied.

Jun and I bursted into laughter upon seeing the dumbfounded expression on Cherry's face. He clearly had rare encounters with others who'd speak so bluntly with him. I reached out to squeeze his hand whilst Joe clamped a hand on his shoulder.

"Then it's settled. Next time she comes by, give us a call."

I gave the 'old man' a hug, surprising him and earning a couple of chuckles from the other members. He ruffled my hair like he used to do to Jun before letting me go. A cheeky smile graced my face.

Cherry and Joe decided to stay behind to discuss details whilst Jun and I headed out to find Reki. We walked in a peaceful silence. I slipped my hand into his and began swinging them back and forth. He shook his head as if wondering why he was friends with me though couldn't hide the smile slipping onto his face.

The walk was uneventful...or so we thought. Jun and I began coughing as some sort of gas spread just as we were about to reach the skatepark. He immediately pushed me to the ground as what sounded like a knife sunk into his skin.

"Jun!"
"Damn it. I'm fine, don't worry..."

My eyelids became droopy and my movements sluggish. It was difficult to stay awake and I could tell Jun was feeling the same. Nevertheless, he still remained protective of me even as we were losing consciousness, as if he wanted to take away the pain. Darkness soon overtook everything.

No one's POV

Langa performed an air, flipping whilst in the air and saw (Y/n) and Jun being taken away at the edge of the park. He landed, his heart pounding upon witnessing some mysterious people kidnap his friends before he was rushing over.

Worry clouded his mind, all thoughts of his hatred for the girl forgotten as he ran, trying to reach her. The black van pulled away just as he arrived before he cursed uncharacteristically.

"Langa, what's wrong? You just ran off..." Reki began.
"(Y/n) and Jun were kidnapped," came the simple reply.
"What?! How? When?"
"What did you just say?" (F/n) asked.
"I'm calling Cherry. He'll be able to contact Jun's dad, right?" questioned Miya.
"Yeah, he should be with him right now," Reki replied.
"Why aren't you kids calling the police? My daughter just got kidnapped!"
"Dude, we're dealing with the yakuza. You can't just call governmental authorities and expect them to let off our friends," said Reki.
"Damn it. How many times has this happened? How many times was (Y/n) put in danger?"

Cherry had finally picked up Miya's call. No one said a word as the young skater explained everything in rapid motion. He then gestured for everyone to hurry before realising that (F/n) and Ayaka could not skate nor did they have any bikes.

"You're not coming with us. No way in hell we're revealing where we're going to Ruka's twin," Reki exclaimed.
"I know. Well then, I'll be on my way. I hope you find them in time. Langa, let's go," said Ayaka.
"I'm not going with you," he replied.
"Why not?"
"I...just don't want to."
"Suit yourself," she sighed before leaving.
"Do you have a car?" Miya asked (F/n).
"Yeah but I didn't drive today. It's at home."
"Then go home and wait. We'll get your daughter back."
"What? I'm not letting you kids put yourselves in danger."
"We're friends with one of the most badass girls on the planet. We'll be fine. Besides, Reki and Langa have been taking fighting lessons. If worst comes to worst, then you can call the police."

The blonde-haired father opened and closed his mouth as if he didn't know what to say or more rather, how to deal with Miya's blunt yet confident statements. Reki and Langa offered one last reassurance before hopping on their skateboards.

"Yuu, stay with your dad," Miya ordered.
"But-"

He was already skating away, catching up to his two friends. The three were racing against time, ignoring the odd pedestrian's shouts and swerving through traffic. Their hearts were beating violently with worry, knowing that they couldn't trust the yakuza to not do their worst.

It was with record time that they reached the hideout, where it had become a bustling arena of movement. Kenta waved the three boys over, shoving blades into their hands. After some thought, he passed both Reki and Langa a pistol.

"Use that as a last resort," he exclaimed.
"It can't be that serious, right?" Reki asked nervously.
"It damn well is. They had the nerve to kidnap my son and the niece of our former leader. Whatever flimsy alliance we had is gone. I'm not letting them leave without experiencing some of our hospitality."
"This is all my fault," Cherry muttered.
"None of it is. It's that damn Shizuo and her psychotic personality. You boys ready? We're moving out!"

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes shot open, my breathing fast and shallow. Jun was in front of me, his hands and feet bound, as were my own. Dried blood caked his upper arm where a knife from earlier had been embedded in his skin.

"You okay?" he asked.
"Where are we? Did you lose a lot of blood?"
"Looks like some old, abandoned warehouse and I'm fine. It's just a scratch."

I managed to get into a sitting position like Jun before a heavy, scraping sound had our hair standing up and our bodies wary. The woman who had threatened Cherry stalked in wearing a shimmering black skirt and white corset top.

"You're both awake. Perfect," she purred.